Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2010, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thought I was going to get a deal.

I found a honda hrx217 on Craigslist yesterday for $100. Me and the owner exchanged a few emails, and I found out that it was used commercially for small areas. I'm not sure how much use it got, but I'm guessing it was pretty worn, even though it was only 2 years old. Never got any pictures, he said it was sold this morning.

Here's the link

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grd/1560260800.html

Might of been a great deal.
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 01-21-2010, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

it wasn't ment for you to have it... keep on lookin!
10Ft Dump Trailer
12Ft Leaf Box Billy Goat
60" Exmark Lazer Z
52" Hustler Mini Z
44" Toro Z Master
36" Bunton WB
21" Honda WB
Redmax & Stihl Handhelds
Bunch of other crap!!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, keep looking.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I just want to let everyone know that I started my business with a Honda HRX 17. It is a bad dude. Mine is only 2 years old and I have put it to the test.
In one year it managed at 1 point 25 weekly accounts. Postage accounts of course.
Now the good stuff.
I moved down to MS and bought a house on 4 acres that needed a serious bush hogging. My idiot brother in law shunned me for a month to come over and bushhog so I deciced to see what the Honda would do with the almost foot tall grass. Set her up at 4" and she bushhogged for me. Still to this day she starts on first pull. Even in winter.
Morrow of the story here is to maintain it properly and she will pay you dividends.
I was gonna sell mine but she made the Hall of Fame in 2 years. She cuts hills and backyards these days. Definitely a great purchase. If you can get 1 for a hundred take take it.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

He made have been telling you the truth about light commercial usage. I have had mine for a couple of years and it probably does not have any more hours on it than some home owners would put on one. I have a Toro SR4 also and though it sat on a open trailer for a couple of years and is kinda of faded it is only on a second blade.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There's a time to fiddle around with Emails, and a time to get yur a$$ in the truck.

YourSkiCoach.com
Old 01-21-2010, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You did not want that edition of the 217HRX. It was Smart Drive. If you are considering a Honda 217HRX, look at the Cruise Control model.

I bought the Cruise Control model last Spring, and ran it very hard, ... about 700 hours for the season. Many days it was running eight hours per day, six tanks of fuel.

It held up well, with two problems. The speed selector cable broke, but later realized it was not mounted well when it was installed initially. It had a bad bend, causing the flex cable to wear excessively at the bend point. The handle bars broke near the end of the season, and had to be replaced -- broke at the hinge point. The engine was solid all season -- ran just as well at the end, as when new. Oil was changed each week. The Versa-Mow feature was a great part of this machine for us. We only used it on "full bag" or "full mulch," as the intermediate settings are a joke. But, the change can be made on the go, using bagging on some parts of a property, mulch on other parts. No tools, no added plugs, no attachments, ... just move the lever and keep running.

If you intend to use the machine for 500 hours or less per season, you can get a couple of good seasons from this machine.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I wasn't in love with the smart drive system, but for $100 I don't think I would have complained.
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 01-22-2010, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

maaan youve got to move quick.. especially today with craigslist and so many avenues to sell stuff.. if ANYTHING is a decent price you can be sure its gonna be gone same day..haha in fact Everything i buy off craigslist has always been at night late after work.. ive called and picked up mowers at 10 oclock at night cause i didnt ant them getting away.. ehh keep lookin
Old 01-22-2010, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There are deals every day, just got to know where to look.

Tags
21" , craigslist , hrx , toro