Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-21-2011, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

been getting a few things done here and there. This weather is just KILLING me!! Rain like every day. And its not supposed to get much better. Anyway, first is of a mulch job I did last week, nothing special. I used mulch from a different supplier on this one cuz my normal place didn't have red yet. Its a little thinner consistency than what I'm used too, and WAY more expensive.

And this was a ripout/install I did.

And before anybody says anything, Yes, I am aware that the boxwood in the middle is not centered in the middle of the window it looks off a few inches (more so at that angle of the picture than it really is...its really only 4.5"), and it is. After about an hour of measuring, consulting the blueprints I made up, and re-measuring, we concluded that the distance between the window and the steps (on the right) and the distance between the window and the edge of the house (left) is not the same although it looks it. I offered up to the homeowner that we could center the middle boxwood with the window, and go out from there, and there would just be a little "extra" on the far left side up against the neighbors driveway, but she wanted equal space on the ends and not have the middle plant centered with the window. Ok....not my house lol.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 04-22-2011, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

did 6 yards of black today. Thank god I did a REAL good job of doing the fall cleanup so there wasn't much to do, because even though I started at 730 this morning, I was still hustling to get it all done by the end of the day

getting loaded

My Pictures:
Old 04-22-2011, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How is the black mulch from Cimato's? I've been going to Krantz and it tends to be full of larger chips rather than nice mulch.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Carefull with those magnets on the side of your truck. as you know ive got the same truck, i had magnets at one point well when i removed them i noticed they caused a blemish on the paint. I buffed it out but was pissed when i seen it. BTW the jobs look good.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
How is the black mulch from Cimato's? I've been going to Krantz and it tends to be full of larger chips rather than nice mulch.
Cimato's is great. I had to use Krantz about a week ago (long story) and I was not at all impressed by it. Krantz seems to be more like compost with a few wood chips thrown it, where Cimato's has more of a "thicker" consistency to it. I'm sure some people prefer it thinner like Krantz, but not me. Krantz is REALLY expensive compared to Cimatos too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCuttingEdge View Post
Carefull with those magnets on the side of your truck. as you know ive got the same truck, i had magnets at one point well when i removed them i noticed they caused a blemish on the paint. I buffed it out but was pissed when i seen it. BTW the jobs look good.
That happened on my old truck. On this truck they only go on when I go do a job and come off at the end of the day. I also spray both the door of the truck and the back of the magnet down with Meguiar's Quick Detailer and wipe both down real good before I put them on. I tend to drive like an a$$hole sometimes, so no need to have my name on the side of the truck, or I don;t need people seeing my name when I'm out at a bar or something watching a hockey game.

My Pictures:
Old 04-22-2011, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmmm. Do you go directly through Cimato or through Russell's and pick up at Cimato? I never found CJ Krantz (not JF) to be that expensive compared to any other place? All seem to be about the same, around $25. But I wasn't impressed all the time. One load was full of pine needles, I mean full. Too much compost wood in their mulch sometimes. Just an easy place to dump and load up rather than make 2 trips.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It took you all day to do 6 yards of mulch?
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 04-23-2011, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
It took you all day to do 6 yards of mulch?
I am sure he is doing it solo and seeing he is putting the mulch in the pick-up I am sure he had to make several trips to the mulch yard.

Looks good Mike and you know the boxwood isn't centered right lol jp. Did you say the first set of pics is of red mulch? It looks more brown then red
Old 04-23-2011, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cimato's has great mulch alot better than the junk at cj. I buy direct thru fred.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Did you say you had blueprints for the 5 bushes you planted?