Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-01-2011, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a quick "Blow-N-Mow" theres still prob 70-80% of the leaves still on the trees at this property so I'll be back for 2 more cleanups prob. Was hoping to finish out mowing this week but a lot of trees havent even turned yet and the grass is still growing even though its been rainy and COLD

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 11-06-2011, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is the first year, in ten, that I can remember actually having to mow grass into November. I was really looking forward to being done last week but same as you're seeing, growing grass and trees full of leaves!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-07-2011, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Took the '99 through the carwash the other day....cleans up pretty good for a 12 year old truck! I also added the BackRack and Whelen Mini-Edge light bar. I started doing the plow install this weekend too, I got the wiring all done just need to put the mount on.

last week of mowing here too....oh don't mind the BR600, it belongs to my buddy that works for me, he doesnt like my RedMaxs....

My Pictures:
Old 12-24-2011, 02:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

mike i swear i saw that black truck of yours on the highway a week or two ago heading out to NFB. anways, what motor is in that truck of yours a 6.0? im wondering how it handles pulling that dump trailer when its loaded down as I am buying a dump trailer very soon, a 7 x 12 to be exact. i think i remember reading you got a 14 ft.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSInc View Post
mike i swear i saw that black truck of yours on the highway a week or two ago heading out to NFB. anways, what motor is in that truck of yours a 6.0? im wondering how it handles pulling that dump trailer when its loaded down as I am buying a dump trailer very soon, a 7 x 12 to be exact. i think i remember reading you got a 14 ft.
If it was black, it wasnt mine haha mine is blue. It's looking a little different now that winter is here, just have the steel rims with the smaller tires on, tailgate is off and the back plow is on. If that all adds up, then yep, you caught me! haha I live pretty close to NFB and am on it all the time so it might have been. But yes, the blue truck is a 6.0, it pulls the dump trailer just fine. The most I've ever had in the trailer was 3.5 tons of crushed stone, and it was just fine accelerating, braking and everything else. If you're going to be pulling a load that heavy a lot, I would recommend a set of air bags in the rear leaf springs.

My Pictures:
Old 12-24-2011, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

maybe it was blue i just remember looking at your thread and that truck definately resembled yours. if it wasnt yours you got a twin runnin around town lol.

i wouldnt say ill be towing that trailer with that much weight around alot. just for mulch jobs and bigger cleanups or installs. Id be using my 7 x 12 landscape trailer for everything else. mowing, regular cleanups and smaller mulch/install jobs
Old 12-25-2011, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSInc View Post
maybe it was blue i just remember looking at your thread and that truck definately resembled yours. if it wasnt yours you got a twin runnin around town lol.

i wouldnt say ill be towing that trailer with that much weight around alot. just for mulch jobs and bigger cleanups or installs. Id be using my 7 x 12 landscape trailer for everything else. mowing, regular cleanups and smaller mulch/install jobs
Yeah you'll be fine then. I'd maybe at least put a set of Timbrens in the rear, that trailer is like 3300 lbs EMPTY if I remember correctly. Also make sure you get you're drop hitch set right, I didn't at first and it really made my truck sag even when empty. This is the truck/trailer with the 3.5 tons in it.

My Pictures:
Old 12-25-2011, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Merry Christmas everyone!

My Pictures:
Old 12-25-2011, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

that looks exactly like the truck i saw so it had to have been you. ill beep next time lol..that dump trailer is nice. is that a low profile?
Old 12-25-2011, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks
Merry Christmas to you
Toro 50" ZTR

John Deere 48"
Ariens 21" ZTP
Echo SRM-2100 Trimmer
Echo PE-225 Edger
Toro Split Shaft Trimmer
John Deere B-45LI Backpack Blower