Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #541  
Old 02-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Ayers Lawn Care's Avatar
Ayers Lawn Care Ayers Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grand Island, ny
Posts: 1
How much do they charge to dump at amherst compost? I need somewhere to dump my grass and bushes
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 02-19-2012, 02:10 PM
RLS24's Avatar
RLS24 RLS24 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayers Lawn Care View Post
How much do they charge to dump at amherst compost? I need somewhere to dump my grass and bushes
You've gotta have a landscape permit for the town, then you've gotta go purchase a book of "tickets" and its like $100 for 10 tickets. Its a minimum of 3 tickets to dump grass so basically its $30 each time. C.J. Krantz just bought the compost facility from the town though, so I'm not sure if the whole process is going to be changing or what now, but thats how it used to be. Best bet is if you know someone with land that will let you dump there. Anything thats NOT grass you can dump at the town also, but you can just go to Krantz which is like another 5 min drive and dump any brush for free.
__________________
Chevy and Ford trucks, Wright & Toro mowers, Echo 2-cycle, too much other stuff to list......

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 02-19-2012, 04:39 PM
MDLawn MDLawn is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,284
How Krantz might change I don't know but that place is great. As long as you don't dump grass it's a great place and their products have gotten much better. It was only a matter of time befor the Amherst facility closed. Pay to dump or dump for free...... Plus they have all the materials too from stone, mulch, soils, etc.....and decently priced too. Mike you make a good point about knowing someone too if you need to dump stuff on off hours. Been there. Frustrating.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 02-19-2012, 05:07 PM
RLS24's Avatar
RLS24 RLS24 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
How Krantz might change I don't know but that place is great. As long as you don't dump grass it's a great place and their products have gotten much better. It was only a matter of time befor the Amherst facility closed. Pay to dump or dump for free...... Plus they have all the materials too from stone, mulch, soils, etc.....and decently priced too. Mike you make a good point about knowing someone too if you need to dump stuff on off hours. Been there. Frustrating.
Posted via Mobile Device
Supposedly, the Town was loosing like $300,000 a year on that place, but in the same sentence, they said that if they didn't have it, they would have to pay $1 million year to dump all the yard waste they pick up from residents curbside. I think they had some stipulation in the terms of the sale where Krantz would own and operate the facility but they had to let the town dump whatever they wanted there still. So I'm not sure how that translates to us, because can the town still sell dump tickets when they don't own/operate the facility anymore? Is Krantz going to still be free to dump at including grass? Are they going to let you dump free but charge only for grass? Or will Krantz just charge for EVERYTHING now like the town used to? Lotta questions up in the air about this deal I'm anxious to get answers to.....
__________________
Chevy and Ford trucks, Wright & Toro mowers, Echo 2-cycle, too much other stuff to list......

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 02-19-2012, 06:28 PM
NMS0219 NMS0219 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Depew, NY
Posts: 602
Its sure is an interesting deal. I'm waiting for the letter from the town of Amherst for my permit for this year. Should be a good read. I went to modern disposal last year. Got a dumpster they come empty every week. Makes life easy can dump just about anything in it. We just got our "dump permit" worked out with the village for this season. That by itself is huge progress. On another note the planning board approved our site plan for a new shop. Only took 4 years. I'm looking to break ground in late spring. Only thing holding us up now is waiting on the environmental contamination study to be done.
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 02-19-2012, 07:46 PM
MDLawn MDLawn is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,284
Definitely should be interesting to see what happens. I'm hopefully moving back to the south towns this year and have a friend who usually accepts stuff. Will be interesting if I will need to make a rediculous trip to dump stuff. Hopefully Krantz doesn't get greedy but you cant blame them for getting other sources of revenue. That place went from nothing to this massive operation in what seemed like overnight. I really think I was something like the 3rd person to start dumping there. Then it was waaayyyy in the back and there was one small mound that looked like it was from a tandem dump. Now it's just amazing how much waste they process. Talk about a possible gold mine. Constant stream of free raw materials to make products to sell. Interesting operation.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 02-20-2012, 03:59 PM
RLS24's Avatar
RLS24 RLS24 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
Its sure is an interesting deal. I'm waiting for the letter from the town of Amherst for my permit for this year. Should be a good read. I went to modern disposal last year. Got a dumpster they come empty every week. Makes life easy can dump just about anything in it. We just got our "dump permit" worked out with the village for this season. That by itself is huge progress. On another note the planning board approved our site plan for a new shop. Only took 4 years. I'm looking to break ground in late spring. Only thing holding us up now is waiting on the environmental contamination study to be done.
and for the interview in the Bee you had nothing but a "pleasurable experience in dealing with the Depew building department for your permeit" right?
__________________
Chevy and Ford trucks, Wright & Toro mowers, Echo 2-cycle, too much other stuff to list......

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 02-25-2012, 02:18 PM
ajordan193 ajordan193 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: WNY
Posts: 460
Hey Mike, Just saw this on CL if you looking for a cab protector for your ez-dump http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/2858099188.html
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 02-25-2012, 05:01 PM
RLS24's Avatar
RLS24 RLS24 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajordan193 View Post
Hey Mike, Just saw this on CL if you looking for a cab protector for your ez-dump http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/2858099188.html
I saw that about a week ago- called and left the guy 2 messages and he hasnt called back. I really want the thing its perfect for my project! Thanks!
__________________
Chevy and Ford trucks, Wright & Toro mowers, Echo 2-cycle, too much other stuff to list......

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 02-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Dstosh Dstosh is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Western New York
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengiant9963 View Post
I guy in the first pic looks like the owner of a company I have seen in the area.
Doubt its him. By the way the sun looks its before noon. I heard he doesnt get up much before then.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.08009 seconds with 8 queries