Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2012, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstosh View Post
Doubt its him. By the way the sun looks its before noon. I heard he doesnt get up much before then.
No no you got it all wrong... Starts "work" at ten back to the shop by noon, at the bar by one.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
No no you got it all wrong... Starts "work" at ten back to the shop by noon, at the bar by one.
Hmmm......I think I know who you're talking about

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 02-29-2012, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We went to the Techo-Bloc Contractor Showcase this past week and have good news.....BILLY MAYS ISN'T DEAD!!! He's selling hardscaping products under the alias of "Paver Pete" hahahaha On a more serious note, the showcase was great and Techo-Bloc seems like they really have their stuff together compared to some of the other manufacturers that we have been looking at. We don;t do a ton of hardscaping, but would like to get into into it as a way of selling more complete jobs this year. I am pretty confident that Techo-Bloc is who we are going to be using as a supplier for our hardscape stuff.

My Pictures:
Old 02-29-2012, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That guy really does look like Bill Mays did, and Techo-Bloc seems like they are one of the best suppliers for hardscape supplies, and the have one of the best and biggest selections of materials out there.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
That guy really does look like Bill Mays did, and Techo-Bloc seems like they are one of the best suppliers for hardscape supplies, and the have one of the best and biggest selections of materials out there.
the scary part was he yelled a lot and waved his hands around.......I think my worker that went with me will agree that if we ever hear another Billy Mays or Oxy Clean joke between us again, it will be too soon

My Pictures:
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
the scary part was he yelled a lot and waved his hands around.......I think my worker that went with me will agree that if we ever hear another Billy Mays or Oxy Clean joke between us again, it will be too soon
Haha...It's the second coming.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Signed a deal on a pretty big landscape job this past week. First big one of the year, and I have a couple more I am working on. On this one there will be 54 plantings in total, and about 8 yards of topsoil, 1 medium sized landscape boulder, and some assorted landscape rock and fieldstone. There will be quite the extensive rip-out as well. I'll be renting a tractor with a loader to aid in ripping stuff out and moving materials. Here a copy of the blueprint and some 3d shots:

This project was a long time in the making, and I've been working with the customer and re-arranging things in the design and going back and forth for almost a year now. I'll be VERY excited to finally put shovel-in-dirt and get going on this. We have it on the schedule for mid-May.

My Pictures:
Old 03-11-2012, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice, What type of program did you use to design that?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajordan193 View Post
Looks nice, What type of program did you use to design that?
It's called Punch Landscape Design Pro or something like that...its just some like $50 software you can buy at Office Depot. Nothing special but it does what I want it do do for the most part.

My Pictures:
Old 03-11-2012, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey i dont mean anything negative only constructive criticism, but your design is a little to much of a "rainbow checkerboard". Try grouping the same plant in numbers of 3,5, or 7 and avoid the pink bush blue bush pink bush look. Been doing this a long time and just trying to pass some knowledge on! good luck man