Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-13-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Cool speed feed

why don't you like the speed feed head ? i have found them to be a great idea . just buy the bigger one i have both and like the bigger one alot more for the extra line storage ...

lawnman3 fl...
Old 05-13-2012, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I and my guys can load a normal head at the same speed if not faster, plus the speed head jammed up a few times and its harder to take the top off as opposed to just spinning the normal ones
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 05-13-2012, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had trouble with the speed feed head at first, I couldnt get the 'cap" or whatever you'd call it to stay one, but eventually I figured it out. I can;t see what you'd ever have to take it apart. I have a couple extra heads that are the older style, so if the speed feed becomes a problem I'll switch it out.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 05-13-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks like those people spent some good money on that job. You should have use larger plants for that size house and bed space. Plants can be grouped and spaced better than straight lines for a more interesting arrangement that compliments the house features. The old shrubs didn't look too bad in the pictures. Why did they want to rip it all out?

The burning bush on the corner by the road could have been pruned, especially on the bottom, for a really nice center feature in that bed and on the property.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-14-2012, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguynextdoor View Post
Looks like those people spent some good money on that job. You should have use larger plants for that size house and bed space. Plants can be grouped and spaced better than straight lines for a more interesting arrangement that compliments the house features. The old shrubs didn't look too bad in the pictures. Why did they want to rip it all out?

The burning bush on the corner by the road could have been pruned, especially on the bottom, for a really nice center feature in that bed and on the property.
Posted via Mobile Device
They hated the old stuff. About the only 2 things worth saving were the burning bush and the barberry. They HATED the barberry in general and didnt want the burning bush in that location (it is actually not in the center of that bed, its about 3' to the left form dead center that pic does make it look like it is though). The taxus were completely shot. I went back and forth with these people for over a year and a half coming up with different ideas and suggestions and what you see is what they finally settled on. Personally, I don't like the Holly bushes in the front at all, and I also don't like Hollys with the one Burning bush on the far side either. I agree that the burning bush in the front could have been pruned, but they didn't want it there anymore (but HAD to have one on that one side...). My original idea for that island was actually to put another rock in there and do something with ornamental grasses instead of the Hollys. They wanted something big to go there to block out the area so people driving by wouldnt see them sitting in the front porch. Same thing with the far right side, they liked the idea of the larger bushes there to block out the back yard. I also wanted to use far less day lilies in the whole thing too, but they LOVED day lilies (not the yellow ones though!) and wanted a ton of those in there. Like I said, we went back and forth for over a year and a half on this one, and they were finally happy with it, and the wife actually cried when she came home and saw it cuz she was so happy. So if they are hapy, then I guess I'm happy. Couldnt sell them on the full maintenance package though, so in 5 years when this stuff is all overgrown and out of control, I'll be back ripping it all out again and starting over lol. Interesting people to work with to say the least....

My Pictures:
Old 05-26-2012, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Got some pics....

stripes with the Stander, even though they are not straight I think they are pretty good considering how bumpy this lawn is

more stripes

A quick trim/prune/edge/mulch job

a not so quick mulch job- I forgot to take "before" pics of this but holy 5hit!!! The front wasnt TOO bad, we had to repair/replace some of the edging, but it wasnt horrible...the side where you see the crushed stone, that was completely overgrown to the point where you couldnt even see the house behind it so we ripped all that out and put the stone fill in there. The bushes to the left of the stone looked hacked, and they are, but the finished product is about 1/3 of the size that they used to be. And the back was a project in its own, the entire area from the deck stairs to the left all arounf that island was COVERED in this blue glass/marble kidna stuff. Nothing like I've ever seen before, and it was a real b-i-t-c-h to scrape it all up and get rid of it. I think the 5 of us spent more time in that one area than we did the rest of the house!

There was also a swing set/play set type thing off in the one corner of the back yard that we installed rubber mulch in to match the rest of the mulch. I guess I forgot to take a pic of that.

Mowing rig

trucks washed

Oh and 2 days after I got the '99 back from the shop with all the electrical issues sorted out, the transmission blew up. So thats been in the shop all week and I just picked it up last night. Wonder whats gonna happen to it this week....

My Pictures:

Last edited by RLS24; 05-26-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What ended being the cause of the electrical fire
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-26-2012, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
What ended being the cause of the electrical fire
Posted via Mobile Device
2 of the ground straps from the body to the engine block were missing. The only ground from the body to the battery was a really small cable that was loose as it was. I guess that was the problem. I've never touched anything with the ground wires since I owned the truck, nor did I ever notice any were missing, so I'm not really sure why it suddenly became a problem and it was fine for almost a year. Come to think of it, we did have a problem this winter with blowing plow solenoids, so maybe that was related? I never thought much of it at the time I guess.

My Pictures:
Old 05-27-2012, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So the lesson of the day is next time call the fire department. Glad it all worked out in the end
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2012, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
So the lesson of the day is next time call the fire department. Glad it all worked out in the end
Posted via Mobile Device
No the lesson of the day is next time, throw some gas on it, pretend I didn't know what happened, fan the flames a little and THEN call the fire department haha

My Pictures: