Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-08-2012, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

UPDATES:

Sod job we did this week, I never took before pics but it was pretty ugly, had some major construction done to the house a few years back and never re-did the lawn so it was really patchy and uneven. The first day we were there we only got a couple hours in, it was raining pretty steady. Day 2 we were done by noon.

Also tried something new with this one. I built into the price a couple hoses and sprinklers, and I set up my own temporary irrigation system to ensure adequate coverage with the sprinklers so all the customer has to do is turn the faucet on and its all set up. My biggest worry with sod installs is that the customer isnt going to water it enough.

Stripes from the Stander:

And I finally got rid of those stupid car mirrors on my '99 and put a set of NBS chevy towing mirrors on...should have done this a while ago!

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 06-08-2012, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How much were those mirrors ? Id love to get a set for my OBS.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
How much were those mirrors ? Id love to get a set for my OBS.
$180 off eBay. They had MADE IN TAIWAN stamped all over the boxes when they got here and they were shipped out of California if that tells you anything, but they're pretty decent quality I thought for the money. A million times better than what I had for sure!

My Pictures:
Old 06-10-2012, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

truck looks sick painted blue with the tow mirrors
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 06-10-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
truck looks sick painted blue with the tow mirrors
Thanks Brad!

My Pictures:
Old 06-16-2012, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a lot of pictures to take off my camera and post, but heres a quick one of a job we did a while back. I need to dig up the before pic, we pretty much started with completely FLAT land right up to the house and then had these 2 HUGE taxus that were on either side of the window. We built the bed up, put in all the plants, and added some decorative pots by the garage door. Nice little project.

My Pictures:
Old 06-17-2012, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hmmm, where did you get the temporary irrigation idea from?

I saw you on Friday. You were turning off of niagara falls blvd. I was in a driveway on the other side of the road. I honked like 10 times. Once I was able to finally back out of that driveway, I went into the neighborhood you turned into, to see if I could find you and say hi, but didn't see you so I went on to my next property.

I am dropping that area next year, so if you want 9 lawn accounts, shoot me a pm and when I have time I will call you.

RIP SFC Hall, SGT Forest, CPL Pautsch.I will never forget you guys!

I am the Infantry! Follow me!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee View Post
hmmm, where did you get the temporary irrigation idea from?

I saw you on Friday. You were turning off of niagara falls blvd. I was in a driveway on the other side of the road. I honked like 10 times. Once I was able to finally back out of that driveway, I went into the neighborhood you turned into, to see if I could find you and say hi, but didn't see you so I went on to my next property.

I am dropping that area next year, so if you want 9 lawn accounts, shoot me a pm and when I have time I will call you.
HAHAHA that was you???? we were sitting in the truck like "who the hell is honking? whats their problem?" lol yeah I'll shoot you a PM about the accounts I'm always looking to expand. Hows business for you this year?

My Pictures:
Old 06-17-2012, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Business is great. Definitely my best year yet. We have made some changes to our business plan and we are doing a lot more power washing. The reason I am dropping the accounts up in that area, is because it's just too far from the shop. They are great customers and I have had no problem with them paying. I just want to focus more on my area (O.P., west sen, east aurora). The ones that I can send your way are located in: 2 in williamsville, 1 account with 5 properties in amherst, and 3 in buffalo. I am finishing the year with them, but if you want them, they are yours next season. One of these days (when it's hot and the grass isn't growing), we can get together and I will take you around to all of them.

RIP SFC Hall, SGT Forest, CPL Pautsch.I will never forget you guys!

I am the Infantry! Follow me!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

few updates:

We did this project last week. I really need to start to remember to take "before" pics!

Basically, in the front there was 2 HUGE taxus where the boxwoods now are, we ripped those out, temporarily removed the customers tigerlilys and daylilys and built the whole bed up. We re-installed those, with a couple new one, and put the pyramidal boxwoods in. On the side, there was nothing buy half dead grass there and another old taxus. That came out, we put 5 yards of topsoil in there and put all the plantings in. In the back, we went through and glued all the rocks together to keep them together with hardscape block glue. We also mulched the beds, and made about a 18" x 120' border around the deck and house and filled that with landscape stone. We had this whole thing done in a day and a half.

Also had one of my trucks lettered up. I'm happy with how it came out, I am going to getting some big signs made up for the dumper sides, but I'm not sure what I want yet.

My 2006 is going in for some major work tomorrow...I'll post up some pics of that when its done. I'm very excited!

My Pictures: