Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-16-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So because the "limo" had your company info on it does that mean you can write it off ?
Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
So because the "limo" had your company info on it does that mean you can write it off ?
i GUESS so....

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 07-17-2012, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Congratulations and best wishes! And the limo is a nice touch!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

in case anyone is interested, the results of that Front Yard Contest are in, and we cleaned house pretty good! Heres a link to the results and a video that has me giving an interview that was on the local news yesterday

http://www.cw23.com/dpp/winging_it/l...34&status=true

My Pictures:
Old 07-27-2012, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice job. Maybe all the other businesses just stunk...... Bwahahaha!!!

Good press for your biz!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-18-2012, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I havent been on here in a while....drought is still in full swing and we aren't cutting much grass, keeping busy with landscape maintenance though.

Everyone knows I have a soft spot for OBS 6.5 Diesel GMs....and when I saw this for sale and saw that it had a Boss plow mount and wiring AND it was my color, I had to have it!

She's a little rough, but its all there, and I only paid $2,500 for it. its a '98, 1-ton, 128k miles. It'll be a good backup truck for now, depending how things go I might invest some money into getting the body re-done and painted, it pretty much needs every body panel on it replaced though. But for now it runs, drives and it'll push snow....

My Pictures:
Old 08-18-2012, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice score on the OBS , maybe be we will get a good winter and ya can pimp it like the others. What kinda shape was the plow in ?
Old 08-18-2012, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
Nice score on the OBS , maybe be we will get a good winter and ya can pimp it like the others. What kinda shape was the plow in ?
no plow came with it. im not sure what I'm gonna do about a plow quite yet, but I got some time to figure it out

My Pictures:
Old 08-20-2012, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Did some tree work recently, still have to finish actually. I'm waiting on my guy to finish grinding the stump and then I'll be planting grass where the tree was. Also did a bunch of trimming at this property as well. I went in on renting a chipper with my buddy who does trees, to get rid of everything. The chipper itself was kind of disappointing....

dropped it right where I wanted....not bad for a lawn jockey!

Brush to be chipped

played around in Photoshop a little bit, I thought this was a cool shot

My Pictures:
Old 08-30-2012, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Recent project we did....it's not exactly complete yet, the mulch still needs to be done. This customer in particular is VERY into gardening and plants, so they are doing all the planting. The garage is full of plants that were removed and potted before we started working and are all going to go back in. Theres going to be a few additions as well I'm sure. We are planning to go back towards the end of next week to mulch, so I'll have to get some better pics then, but for now you get the idea:

BEFORE:

DURING:

Wasn't really my choice to re-use the wall block they had, but thats what they wanted....and there was NOT getting around that if you get my drift It was also the original plan to set the flagstone into #1 or #2 landscape stone to create more of a path, but after I brought over some samples the customer's golden retriever decided that it liked the stones so much that it picked them out of the sample containers, chewed on them for a while and scattered them throughout the yard, so the stone was out. Also, I've never done a set of steps with flagstone before, and I thought this came out well but am open to any suggestions. Theres a tone of crusher run and poly sand under the steps and around the joints, and they are VERY solid to walk on. The one step is cracked because I had everything mapped out in the driveway and the customer came home for lunch and drive over it....I was gonna go get a new piece but she felt really bad and said not to and just put that one in....hey I don't have to look at it every day....

My Pictures: