Don't miss that lawn!! Looking good!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2012, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
Don't miss that lawn!! Looking good!
Posted via Mobile Device
He's actually been a great customer...never talked to him and always sends a check on time haha and I've been inadvertently tearing the hell out of his lawn too cuz the tires on my mower are getting really bad so its hard to NOT slide on that lawn....hasnt said a word haha

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 10-19-2012, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
He's actually been a great customer...never talked to him and always sends a check on time haha and I've been inadvertently tearing the hell out of his lawn too cuz the tires on my mower are getting really bad so its hard to NOT slide on that lawn....hasnt said a word haha
Yea he was always good and was one of the first checks in the mail. Yea his backyard turns into a mess in the fall. There's barely grass in the very back near the end of the season. He usually gives you a year then starts saying stuff!!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Which dealer sells billy goat ? How's their service?
Old 10-21-2012, 02:26 AM
LawnSite Member

"lift and new tires today on the '06. Got 2" in the back, 3" in the front, tires are Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 305/70/16. Also installed OEM foglights. And I ordered another set of the Chevy NBS towing mirrors after my friends talked me into lol. I'm really happy with how my truck turned out"

Do you have any problems with that size tire on the stock 6.5" wide rim? I'm looking to upgrade to a 285/75/16 tire on my stock wheels and i've read that they might be too wide for the rim. Does it still tow ok? Do the sidewalls feel soft in turns from being pulled in to the rim so much?

Another question about your truck.. Did you install your cab lights yourself? I saw a picture from before and they weren't on it and more recently they are. If so how hard was it?

Thanks! Your work looks great too!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguynextdoor View Post
Which dealer sells billy goat ? How's their service?
Saville's Outdoor Power Equipment on Harlem in Cheecktowaga (used to be Jim's years ago). I have been buying all of my Echo stuff from there and the service has always been phenomenal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawns4life View Post
"lift and new tires today on the '06. Got 2" in the back, 3" in the front, tires are Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 305/70/16. Also installed OEM foglights. And I ordered another set of the Chevy NBS towing mirrors after my friends talked me into lol. I'm really happy with how my truck turned out"

Do you have any problems with that size tire on the stock 6.5" wide rim? I'm looking to upgrade to a 285/75/16 tire on my stock wheels and i've read that they might be too wide for the rim. Does it still tow ok? Do the sidewalls feel soft in turns from being pulled in to the rim so much?

Another question about your truck.. Did you install your cab lights yourself? I saw a picture from before and they weren't on it and more recently they are. If so how hard was it?

Thanks! Your work looks great too!
The tires seem to be ok on those wheels, I did not know that you weren't supposed to put anything bigger than a 285 on them? Regardless, I am considering upgrading to a set of aftermarket wheels next year and putting those rims with a set of 285s or 265s on my diesel truck. I think it rides fine, the Duratracs have a pretty stiff sidewall so that prob helps. I haven't really towed anything crazy heavy with those tires beleive it or not my 454 usually does most of the towing.

For the cab lights yes I did add those, they are off a NNBS truck. The best advice I can give on that is to mark your holes VERY carefully (look online theres forums that have the measurements and spacing) and use a step drill bit and it will go pretty easy. The wiring is a bit of a *****, you can go to the dealer and get the factory harness that plugs right into the lighting module (passenger side dashboard) for about $60-70, but theres was a lot of confusion because I guess theres about 4 different plugs it could be and the dealer didnt want to order it without knowing exactly which one it was and they couldn't even show me a picture so I could match it up. They didn't even really want to sell me anything in the first place because according to the VIN, the truck didn't have cab lights from the factory and they couldnt comprehend the idea of adding them on after. I got frustrated with it and ended up making my own wiring harness and I just tapped off the the fuse for the trailer parking lights. My cab lights are LED so the power draw was so minimal that I wasnt worried about a draw issue on the circuit.

My Pictures:
Old 10-23-2012, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Running dual Standers for the fall again...

Its getting to be that time of the year for the summer rims/tires to come off and well, you know what else.....

My Pictures:
Old 10-23-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Set-up looks great, I thought you sold the older Stander?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did you finally get a shop? Nice v
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-23-2012, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Set-up looks great, I thought you sold the older Stander?
It's my friend's now but I use it when needed. Next year I'll get either another brand new Stander or a ZTR. My 36" is also being used extremely sparingly these days, the tranny is on its very last legs and I've been saying that and nursing it through for 2 years now but its REALLY bad now.

My Pictures: