Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2013, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
Going to check this one out on Monday its right near my shop. Guy said I can take it to my shop or my mechanic and have a look at it. He said he just wants it gone so theres room on the price. It's been for sale for quite some time but I have the feeling it may not be the truck thats the reason because it took me over 2 weeks to finally set up a time with the guy to see it, I dont think a lot of people are as patient and persistent as me haha
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3547197802.html
I here you about some people trying to sell things that take forever to get back to you, and you have to keep trying to be so persistent. It's annoying anytime I'm selling something I'll get back to them asap because I've already bought a replacement for it and want it gone. Although when the get back to me I'll usually hit them hard on the price for my time and work I put in to it and it'll usually work.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
you should check autotrader. While bored i looked for ya, and found this gem with a 3 year 50k warranty. Same body style, and color, as your personal truck. for a decent price.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=15&Log=0
I saw that I really like it but if I am gonna spend that much money I'll get a dump. Looks like a sweet truck

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 02-23-2013, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

that v-10 looks pretty good. only thing i heard about those V-10's is the exhaust manifold bolts break off in the head. But im probably not telling you anything you already dont know
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mike is your shop in Clarence? I have personally looked at that truck a month ago and it is a pile of garbage. Open the drivers side door and you can put your foot through the kick panel. Truck has been worked and sure shows it. To each his own I guess but just a word of advise I wouldn't even drive it off the property.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw that truck too a while ago. The ad changed. Before it said "needs work". Maybe he got it fixed. Exhaust manifold studs are notorious for rusting off. That year had spark plug issues that were easily solved. Motor is a good one but there are issues.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2013, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajordan193 View Post
Mike is your shop in Clarence? I have personally looked at that truck a month ago and it is a pile of garbage. Open the drivers side door and you can put your foot through the kick panel. Truck has been worked and sure shows it. To each his own I guess but just a word of advise I wouldn't even drive it off the property.
My shop is not in Clarence. I'm gonna take a look at it. If I can work with it, I'll lowball the guy. I know my body shop will charge me about $600 to do a set of rockers and cab corners full replacement and paint, and they still owe me some snowplowing money anyway. I'll take a look it got nothing to lose accept some time.

My Pictures:
Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stick with Chevy
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mike I posted a thread I would like you and the local guys to check out. I hope you dont mind me posting this in your thread but it seems alot of wny'ers are checking in here frequently. I'll delete this post if you want me to.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSInc View Post
Mike I posted a thread I would like you and the local guys to check out. I hope you dont mind me posting this in your thread but it seems alot of wny'ers are checking in here frequently. I'll delete this post if you want me to.
Yeah I'll check it out. Don't have to delete anything this is a public forum hahaha

My Pictures:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hell is freezing over....bought me a Ford!

My Pictures: