Where did you get that pickup ramp?
Do you like it?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt View Post
Where did you get that pickup ramp?
Do you like it?
Bought it off CL last year. Honestly, compared to a trailer, I HATED it. You have to leave your tailgate down, which I never liked, the equipment that you see in there is basically all that fit so I was limited as to what I could take with me, on my F-250 the angle of the ramp was REALLY steep and sometimes my belt drive struggled to climb it (I dont think I'd ever want to ride something up or down it) , and since the setup takes up the whole pickup bed, you're stuck not bagging which sometimes can be a huge problem. Oh and its also a real pain in the a$$ to take off and put back on, no way 1 person can do either. I guess an advantage would be that it cuts down on the length of your rig, but parking has never a problem for me so thats not even a usable advantage for me. Its still in my shop, I only paid $150 for it, and it sits up against a wall in the corner out of the way so I'm gonna hang onto it, never know when I might use it. But now that I have a trailer and a bigger operation, I'll never look back.!

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 03-31-2010, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Been busy doing cleanups for return customers. I keep forgetting the camera, but theres nothing too exciting. Most of them are pretty muddy. Not gonna lie, I'm getting nervous cuz my newspaper add has been out for 2 weeks now and I've passed out about 1,000 door hanger and havent really been getting calls. Anyway, I got 2 de-thatching jobs for tomorrow, so I rented the de-thatcher and tried it out on my own lawn today. Works pretty good!
Attached Images

My Pictures:
Old 03-31-2010, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like the Lesco you have? I am thinking about buying one and wanted to see what people thought of theirs.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
How do you like the Lesco you have? I am thinking about buying one and wanted to see what people thought of theirs.
the old one that just blew up I wasn't too fond of. This one is pretty nice. Once you disable all of the safety features it is a lot more user friendly. Mostly I really like this Kawasaki v-twin engine. Its only a 13hp but it feels a lot more powerful than my old one which was a single cylinder 14 hp. Then again that motor had some serious issues. Honestly, Lescos arent really anythtng great to write home about, I like it, but depending on the price theres better out there. What are you looking at? size? engine? hours? age?

My Pictures:
Old 04-01-2010, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
the old one that just blew up I wasn't too fond of. This one is pretty nice. Once you disable all of the safety features it is a lot more user friendly. Mostly I really like this Kawasaki v-twin engine. Its only a 13hp but it feels a lot more powerful than my old one which was a single cylinder 14 hp. Then again that motor had some serious issues. Honestly, Lescos arent really anythtng great to write home about, I like it, but depending on the price theres better out there. What are you looking at? size? engine? hours? age?
The one I am looking at I only plan on using for a few months until I can justify buying something newer or a new machine all together. I have the funds to buy a new mower right not its just that there are other thing I would rather spend 3 grand on. So If I did buy this mower it would be gone by atleast next season. All I know about it so far is its a Lesco 48 14hp and it might be around a 02-01 lesco not sure though. i will need to find out more info about it when i go see it again.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
The one I am looking at I only plan on using for a few months until I can justify buying something newer or a new machine all together. I have the funds to buy a new mower right not its just that there are other thing I would rather spend 3 grand on. So If I did buy this mower it would be gone by atleast next season. All I know about it so far is its a Lesco 48 14hp and it might be around a 02-01 lesco not sure though. i will need to find out more info about it when i go see it again.
if its got that v-twin series Kawasaki on it I'd say go for it. So far I'm really impressed with that engine. If its the older single cylinder 14 hp (FC420V) I'd maybe pass. Then again, maybe I'm just a little trigger shy about that motor now after my bad experience with one.

My Pictures:
Old 04-02-2010, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

stay away from the single cylinder if you can. Its old it will break.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
stay away from the single cylinder if you can. Its old it will break.
this man speaks the truth! haha

My Pictures:
Old 04-07-2010, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well I think I'm moving into a new shop. I went to my current place this morning and the garage door was wide open, no one home at the house in front of it, and the garage door looked like someone either drive into it or tried breaking into it, and I couldnt get it shut because of the damage. Also can't get ahold of the landlord to do anything about it. So I left my truck there so it looked like SOMEONE was home and walked back to my house. I found a new place thats a little further from home but its bigger, has a good sized parking lot that I can park my trailer and a lot of other stuff in, and a nice field behind the place I can dump stuff in. Overall I think it'll be better off.

My Pictures: