Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-31-2013, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
Looks like my welds held....
Im guessing you made the new ramp gate? its pretty damn long....hahaha 6ft? i would throw some horizontal supports, something about it just doesnt seem right. is the mesh larger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
It just proves there are rednecks everywhere, not just Georgia.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
Good looking rig there. Pretty cool track to see a race at , ive only been to Michigan & Chicagoland speedways and they are super boring places to see races. Those race shops look amazing. Ive been pretty deep in a few Indy car shops that blew my mind.
We got a pretty deep all access private tour at one of the top 3 teams shops, I'm not gonna say who, what, where or post pics because this is the internet after all and I'm not even sure if we were really supposed to see some of the stuff we saw, but I will say it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
Looks like my welds held....
yeah we should have thought that side gate through a little more but we dont use it that much so its fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
Im guessing you made the new ramp gate? its pretty damn long....hahaha 6ft? i would throw some horizontal supports, something about it just doesnt seem right. is the mesh larger?
Nope just some different latches. The gate could really be a foot longer, I believe its only a 5' gate, thats what the blocks of wood on the end are for to hold it up a little to make the angle from the ramp to the deck a little better. The Standers were catching on it really bad. My 12' trailer has a 6' gate on it and although its a bit heavier, it makes all the difference in the world getting equipment on and off.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 07-01-2013, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well since its raining (again) I have some time to update....Been way behind with work with all this rain, but just keep plugging away with more landscaping and of course doing the lawns. I havent been taking too many pictures I just keep forgetting.

Heres a small portion of a job that we were on for almost 2 weeks on and off, this was all completely overgrown with brush and dead vegetation. This is only a small aspect of the rest of the work we did at this property, there was close to 2 yards of mulch, some new plantings, a LOT of trimming (and hacking), a couple trees came down, etc. This first one the bed on the right was completely overgrown with ivy and myrtle. The left side had a hedge row of taxus that was all dead. We cleaned it all out and installed the boxwoods. and cleaned up the rose bush a little bit.

This pic is around the backside of where the pool is, there was all kinds of dead and overgrown bushes and weeds and stuff I've never even seen before growing in there. We installed the plastic edging and the landscape stone.

Overall on this job we installed close to 1,000 feet of the black plastic edging. The place is still a mess and theres a lot more work that COULD be done there, but just what we did was a huge step for the customer in getting things cleaned up. I'll have to remember to take pics of the front next time we are there mowing. I know theres pictures of the house that would be like a "before" reference in with my fall cleanup pics somewhere.

As far as new purchases go, I think I mentioned this but I picked up another Stander. I got it from a buddy of mine, who bought it from the original owner. It is a 61", 23 hp. As far as I know it has had the entire deck replaced at some point (not sure why), and its on its second motor. It has 28,000 hours on it and it runs fantastic hydros are good and everything. We have been using it a lot. Its old, maybe one of the first prototypes Wright ever made lol

And I finally bought myself a Turfco edger! Again, its older but works great. The previous owner really took care of it. I wish we had this for when we installed all that edging at the job I mentioned above!

And after all these years I finally put the finishing touch on my truck, a chrome rear bumper

My Pictures:
Old 07-01-2013, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

nice man, the gray on the bumper bugs me for some reason. that part would look incredible painted the same dark blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
It just proves there are rednecks everywhere, not just Georgia.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A few pics from some recent jobs we did:

BEFORE:

Gotta go back tomorrow and take some pics of the finished product here. Came out really nice!

Bought myself a new toy

My Pictures:
Old 07-13-2013, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Before anyone asks, in regard to the block yes we dug everything out and put the proper base in I just wanted to lay a few blocks in to see how it was going to look before we got too into it.

My Pictures:
Old 07-13-2013, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks good, minus the Ford

- Shindaiwa T242
- STIHL MS290 FarmBoss
- Echo PB500T

Starting 2014 - Solo Operation!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes Landscaping View Post
Looks good, minus the Ford
Which one? Technically I have 2 now lol

My Pictures:
Old 07-13-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
Which one? Technically I have 2 now lol
The Mustang, haha

Hey what size/year Chevy is that and what backrack? I got a 1500 Regular Cab.

- Shindaiwa T242
- STIHL MS290 FarmBoss
- Echo PB500T

Starting 2014 - Solo Operation!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes Landscaping View Post
The Mustang, haha

Hey what size/year Chevy is that and what backrack? I got a 1500 Regular Cab.
I used to have a '92 Mustang and I had EVERYTHING done to it, it was a beast. When I decided to get really serious about the landscaping business, I sold it to invest money into the business and finally I was able to buy another 5.0 Mustang.

My truck is a 2006 2500HD I have no idea what part number the back rack is.

My Pictures: