Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-09-2013, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landscaper5 View Post
How do you like the Chevys ?
Posted via Mobile Device
I love my chevys. Really have had no big issues.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-12-2013, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
How do you like the Chevys ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Chevy hands down makes the best work truck thats durable, performs well, holds up to abuse and is easy to work on. If you want a truck that has all kinds of creature comforts, bells and whistles and interior space, then Ford has that battle won. And thats exactly why I have 1 of each!

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 11-14-2013, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Member

It's a toss up on which one I would buy! I love chevy trucks as well as ford. In my opinion they are both real nice trucks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-14-2013, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Member

To me I like the look of the fords a bit better, but chevy almost seems like it produces less problem free trucks. It seems like theres quite a few ford engines that people stay to not buy
Old 11-14-2013, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
To me I like the look of the fords a bit better, but chevy almost seems like it produces less problem free trucks. It seems like theres quite a few ford engines that people stay to not buy
98% of the engine issues come from either poor care or not understanding them. Like the 6.0 can me a great engine if you know what to do with it. It can be a more reliable engine than the legendary 7.3 the 6.0 has got a bad rap from the early ones and mechanics not knowing how to handle them. And the 5.4 is a great gas engine as far as reliability and performance and gas mileage.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
98% of the engine issues come from either poor care or not understanding them. Like the 6.0 can me a great engine if you know what to do with it. It can be a more reliable engine than the legendary 7.3 the 6.0 has got a bad rap from the early ones and mechanics not knowing how to handle them. And the 5.4 is a great gas engine as far as reliability and performance and gas mileage.
Thank you for somebody else seeing this. If ford had done more training it wouldn't have been as bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-14-2013, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQLL View Post
Thank you for somebody else seeing this. If ford had done more training it wouldn't have been as bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree 100% if they had the knowledge they needed it would've been totally different, but it also has gotten blown way out of proportion. Which just makes it easier to scoop them up pretty cheap, because some guys are so afraid of them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-14-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
You're absolutely right.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm more of a ford guy then chevy guy, but they both do make nice trucks IMO. I think it really just comes down to what you like.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I agree with you about the frod 6.0 engine....HOWEVER I had the one F250 with the 5.4 in it and had more problems with it and it had NO power. I would take a Chevy 6.0 gas motor over that ANY day!

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091