Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A good beginner standard?

Im looking to take the test within the next 2-3 weeks. I am working on 3 commercial bids at the moment and two of them want pre and post emergent lawn fertilization. Also want the parking lot and flowerbeds to have post weed emerg.
For the post emerg in flowerbeds, I have been told good things about Razorburn. Im looking for some advice on the lawn fertilization and weed control. I dont have any knowledge or experience in this area as of yet but Have plans to offer it next season for the first time. What Im looking for is more of a ballpark( basic weed and feed app) program so I can submit an acurrate bid. I will have plenty of time to gain the knowledge before applications start.
St. Augustine or centipede. Southern (Louisiana) climate, year round treatment....
Old 12-18-2009, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I wish I had year-round activity with lawns.
Do you guys got weeds germinating all the time, or is it seasonal enough that you have a specific germination period in the spring?
Old 12-18-2009, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends on the weeds. We have had alot of rain lately and there are weeds popping up everywhere! Mainly dandelion. Other seasonal weeds like clovers pop up this time of year in the lawn. Fertilizer in the winter is mainly a way to keep the grass greener for longer during the off season. Atleast in my area.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You should test sooner than later... At least in GA there is a high failure rate. They managers for the properties you are bidding on may want to see your license first too.

25 years old 7 years in business ownership