Register free!

Old 03-07-2010, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJE View Post
STL - the AquaS's been pretty good to you? I replaced several in a row a couple years back from that bad run they had awhile back. We generally fled the name for awhile around here but hearing more shifting back last year. So far so good huh?

I can't say at the moment since I just switched to using thier Aquasurge pumps. We've replaced one or two of thier pumps though. lol!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Ponds and Waterfalls View Post
I can't say at the moment since I just switched to using thier Aquasurge pumps. We've replaced one or two of thier pumps though. lol!

Thx.
Suspect they all have had or will at some point have issues with something. If they hand created like a Rolls I'd expect 99.999% near perfection but that they ain't. lol

Tadpole...I'm with you. Yet realize a local label and hefty price doesn't always ensure happiness either. Been there - done that many times. Me an old fartz. That why I always try to get specifics on who's doing what. Seems to flip flop often
Old 03-10-2010, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Ponds and Waterfalls View Post
Who you buying the aquasurges thru???
My 2 wholesalers don't carry them and buying around me that means RETAIL.
That ain't gonna happen
Old 03-10-2010, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Get on the Aquascape website. They will list the closest distributor to you.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Tapole - that's what I did. And why I am asking.... the 4 distributers in area are priced higher than what they can be had on the net for. By often times 15-20% above. Thats bs

Now if they had decent prices on liners, etc I could handle a bump up on a pump. On that stuff they go even higher - more like 40% on liners and 30% on rest. Hey - everyone needs to eat but they also are the same guys who played dumb, as in I don't care and can't help out, when all those rotten AS pumps were out there. They get zero of my money. Not many around here will touch them. They getting loads of competition in area for a reason. Thought that AS had got smarter locally.

Now I dunno - if thats the way I gotta buy these things I'm thinking the alternative vendors looking better and better. I get protecting CAC's and such but they aren't the only doggy in the show either
Old 03-10-2010, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can always find things cheaper on the net. A lot of times these vendors make up for the lower price with shipping and handling charges. So it's usually a wash in total cost. The advantage of local distributors is that you have a convenient face to complain to, but if they don't care to listen, as you indicated about your local suppliers, then your only options are the internet (Buyer Beware) or directly from one of the big national distributors.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Yep - that about sums it up.

Pondliner.com been very good to me always so I'll hang there. Just had hoped to try out these new AS models that they don't carry.
Maybe it's for the best - "if it ain't broke why fix it?" as they say. Those cheap old Cal's still working. And the EasyPro's out there. And love the Shinmaywa pumps. Guess I good as is.

Thanks for info
Old 03-10-2010, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I found a site.. I think 800pools.. or something like that were I bought a Aquaforce 1000 for 120 shipped to my door with no tax.. shipped from Aquascape.. drop shipping???? didnt know they did that.. and a distributor wanted something like 160 plus tax for it with 25% off.

I dont know if thats the same case with other manufactures but that doesnt seem right?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

doesn't seem right at all but the one thing I have learned ---- they make up the rules on pricing as they go along it always seems.

I have found a few places after digging around on net that are almost 20% less to the shop than my distributors in area. Still puts them mighty high compared to some other quality pumps.
That I don't get .... they do a lot of advertising but that also correlates in theory to selling a lot more product. Means somewhere there's a boatload of profit someones grabbing. Maybe it's this pricing game that so pizzzes me off and not the actual cost. its dead wrong
Old 03-10-2010, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Water Features!! The pricing game began about the same time that the industry started pushing the DIY angle. Find a good, reliable established distributor or two and stick with them. You will fare much better in the long run.