Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm relocating my landscape company???

Hi guy's, I have a small landscaping/lawn care company that I've been operating part time after work & weekends. 10 lawn acct... My wife got a new job and we are going to be moving closer to her work. I am giving my lawn acct's to my buddy who has an established lawn care company I just need to know how to gain new costumers in the area we are moving to. Here is the catch, I am going to make this my full time business, I am laid off from my union job and will not be returning due to this sucky economy.
I am going put an add in the local paper & pay high school kids to go door to door with around 20k to 30k of door hangers, I want to make them say something about how I'm not a new landscaper, just a landscape company that has moved to this area. ANY IDEAS??? Hows this " Homer'slandscaping has moved to Springfield, and is now offering lawn care discounts to all new costumers" I'd like any and all feed back positive,negative, and if you have any other ideas for me, that would be great! I really appreciate this site, and all of you experienced professional who take the time to help out us newbies. I only need help with the marketing aspect. I have over 15 years of field experience, maintenance, Irrigation, construction, ext. and I've learned the hard way how to bid and price out jobs. I can repay any marketing advice given to me by giving field advice in Irrigation ext....
Thank you in advance for your help!

Unless Democrats demonstrate that fixing the economy is their overriding priority, and begin to create more jobs for working Americans NOW, weíre going to see more results this November like the Massachusetts election.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Letting them know you are just new to area & not new to the business is a good idea. Perhaps get a few old clients to write a brief note about how they liked your work and put a few of those on your flyers. Also put the customer reviews on your website (if you have one). I put my customer comments on my about me page here.. http://georgialawncare.com/about-us
Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like the old and new business are still in the same state. I would word it "Homer's landscaping is expanding to the Springfield area" If it comes up about the old location or accounts. Your "Associate" is now handling those accounts, while you are building the business expansion.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

offer a 5th cut free promotion. and a free cut if an existing customer signs up a friend

Tags
help a newbie , help with operations , marketing help