Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-23-2010, 02:39 AM
LawnSite Member

I have to order a set of nerf bars the 2wd trucks are the same height as the 4x4s. It is a good step up into the cab.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
I have to order a set of nerf bars the 2wd trucks are the same height as the 4x4s. It is a good step up into the cab.
Acording to Ron a tall truck is good. wink,wink
Old 01-23-2010, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Acording to Ron a tall truck is good. wink,wink
Damn rights, I pulled up to a light, and a fat chick tried to so hard just to jump into my truck, damn fatty nearly made it, so I stepped on the gas and dragged the b*tch by her fat cankles stuffed in 5" heels.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 01-23-2010, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

sounds like Ron was in the wrong part of town looking for the right company...
Old 01-23-2010, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

congrats and hope the truck works out for you. could you elaborate on what your plans are for a skid steer or mini ex are. you have explained to us before how there is no work for them and all the guys that have them are not getting work. i am curious what you have up your sleeve to not end up in the same boat.
good luck,
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 01-23-2010, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Congrats GR.

Since GR isn't sharing pictures, I'll share...
Looks like a nice truck there!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I have one soil supplier that is looking for somebody to deliver soil its not the best stuff but it works for lawns. He started last year sold about 20 grand worth of soil.

By the time I got my dump deck operational last year I was a little too late in the game.

See if I can do some hauling for one of my landscaper friends his truck is a little worn out

No there isn't much work for skid steers in this area as I said many guys have tried but ended up loosing money. The rental place may rent theirs once every couple months it may sit for 3-4 months.

It does say something when you see guys start up with a skid steer business in business for 6 months and they are out of business a short time later ask the person where is the skid steer it was sold at a loss.

People won't pay 500 dollars to spread topsoil when they can get a kid to do it for 100 dollars. Like I have said many times topsoil has to be moved in 5 gallon buckets. Very time consuming but a machine isn't going to climb stairs or get down a path that you can't even use a wheelbarrow on.

Landscaping is a tough back breaking job when your working in this area no way a machine can get near the places you are working.

I may look into a mini skid still not sure if its going to work in this area nobody has one. For me to rent one I would have to get one from Vancouver then I'am looking more money than the job is worth. Rental and shipping I would be looking at 600 or more for one day.

For my own use I may find a cheap skid steer or a mini excavator. A mini excavator there is more work for. To rent a 6500lb mini is 400 dollars a day for a 8 hour day. The guys out there with mini excavators are starving to death they have a 10,000-11,000lb machines will work 8 hours for 400 dollars.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

GR, you are contradicting everything you've ever posted..

but atleast you've finally grown a set and decided to go after some work..

And from what your saying, it doesnt make sense to buy a machine but hey, its your money..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

it would be worth your while to rent a mini and see what they will do. it would not be money wasted more like research. it would definitly be better than 5 gal. buckets. i and others on here i am sure have had their mini skids in some crazy places. at least it would differentiate you from the others that are struggling. and cost less to get in the game.
good luck,
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 01-23-2010, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I would like to have a machine for my own use it could be a well worn out machine.

The mini excavator market is flooded with guys with mini excavators all trying to get into the excavation business. Still wondering how any of these guys are making payments when their machines are sitting. A homeowner has so many choices now it is who will work for fuel and expenses to get the work.

I'am not in the excavation business I'am classed as a general contractor doing brush removal, trucking, demo clean up etc. The machine would be to make lifting and moving things easier.

Like I have said the mini market used to be a niche market that is long gone now. Mini excavators are too easy to buy with that being so all these people with them thought they were going to strike it rich.

As said the homeowner has many choices now they can pick and choose who will work for peanuts.