Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2010, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
A bare bones XL F-350 reg cab diesel your looking at 50 grand.

You can barely buy a used truck for 31,000.
damn glad I live in and have a friend whose father works at the dealership
Old 01-24-2010, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I prefer the 6.0 I have had a 7.3 for one it is friggin noisy I'am tired of listening to a loud engine. Second I leave for work at 5am for work I need to let the truck warm up. I drove the neighbours nuts when I had the 7.3 I was asked not to start my truck at 5am.

If I have problems with the 6.0 I will fix them the truck still has warranty for another year. Why would I want to buy a worn out truck with a 7.3 your constantly fixing problems with the truck.

It is night and day difference with the auto behind the 6.0.

The 06 has 4:88 gears its not so bad but it is a open diff so I will have to buy a Truetrac for it. It has to come from Ford but it makes a difference in traction. The S110 Axle is easy to work on take the third member out put it on the bench take out the open carrier swap the ring gear onto the True trac and put it back into the third member.

I have to get my truck decks swapped first and get the 03 up forsale.

Lets hope that these people that have been building their 2 million dollar houses need landscape supplies this spring. Many of new places built that are not under a million dollars. You know when people have money when they build a summer house for a couple million and use it for 2 months out of the year

As for myself buying a house in the area not a chance this is the play ground for the rich now. A person my age doesn't have a chance anymore there isn't even places to rent anymore everything is privately owned. No such thing as apartment buildings. There are timeshare condos that you buy for 1 million dollars and get access to for 3 weeks a year.

My brother is taking a 100,000 dollar loss on his house the employeer he works for doesn't have any work so my brother has to sell his house before the bank takes it.

Many of the young guys in the forestry industry are going to loose what they own. Any of the younger guys in the construction and excavation industries spend 60% of what they make to live in the area. If your a landscaper you need to make atleast 23 dollars per hour to live here.

As the area fills up with the rich retired people they are driving the working class people out. The property values are so high if your not making a 100 grand a year better find a good tent to live in. There are schools shutting down because young people can't live in this area anymore and raise a familly.

The local gov'ts goal is to have the whole population in the area to be 55 and older. They have the money to pay the big taxes and build 2 million dollar houses. The retired people don't want no noise or industry so the local gov'ts doesn't approve business licenses for businesses that will create noise.

These people are b*tching about the neighbour building a house these people figure once their house is built nobody can make noise. The NIMBYS are always complaining.

No body knows what is going to happen after February the provincial gov't has spent close to a Trillion dollars on this Winter Olympics. There is lots of sh*t that the public doesn't know about. Contractors that are working on Olympic stuff have to sign a waiver that says they can't say anything about costs. There is millions of dollars being spent that hasn't been said in the media.

The only way you can make money now is grow pot and keep trying to export it to the USA. If you can get away with it your easy making 150,000 or more a year. One small crop can make you 50 grand. The drug trade in this province makes enough money it could buy a small chunk of the USA the money from the drug trade is in the trillions. If the Americans still have the huge demand for pot there will always be money.
Only GR could go from comparing how loud 2 diesels are to the olympics to the drug trade in the US..

Oh yeah, I must be deaf because the 6.0 F350 where I used to work was louder than the 7.3 F550..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

GR, I posted my dealers link before....you can get a 350 6.4 for $31-32K.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am sure this has been said before (probably a million times)....
If where you live is so horrible, there is no work, everything is expensive, why dont you move.
I know you have a cushy government office job, but seriously either quit complaining about it, or move! Nobody forces you to live there, or work there....so move!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
A bare bones XL F-350 reg cab diesel your looking at 50 grand.

You can barely buy a used truck for 31,000.
If that is the case, I'll send my 550 up there for 40,000.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esnipe8 View Post
I am sure this has been said before (probably a million times)....
If where you live is so horrible, there is no work, everything is expensive, why dont you move.
I know you have a cushy government office job, but seriously either quit complaining about it, or move! Nobody forces you to live there, or work there....so move!
Where I live is cheaper than living in Vancouver or other places in the Lower Corner of B.C.

You can live in Vancouver and the houses are over half million for a run down dump. Or you rent a roach infested basement suite for 1300 a month.

It is cheaper to buy a house in the USA than it is to buy one in B.C.

Banks in Canada are not like in the USA you can't get a mortage for a house unless you make 80-100 grand a year.

The work in Vancouver is done I think you are going to see massive un-employment now. The only thing keeping Vancouver going is the gov't spending trillions of tax money for the sh*tty olympics.

Like they say the grass isn't always greener on the otherside I do have a full time job not many people can say that. Just pizzes a guy off that these people with money drive the working class people out the people that made this area what it is.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Member

So did you post a pic of your new truck?? Maybe I missed it somewhere.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Member

No not yet I have to get a camera first I don't own one have to borrow one.

Had to change a tire today what a SOB. I haven't dismounted and remounted a tire in a long time. I mean using bars to take the old tire off the rim and mount a another tire on the rim. I have spare 19.5 tires kicking around that have 10% tread left kept them for retreading. The drive tires on this truck are shot and one went flat.

I will have to order a new set of drive tires I can't take them off my 03 F-450 which has near new drive tires but I have nothing to replace them with.

If I want to sell my 03 I should keep good tires on it so it helps the sale of the truck.

The 06 has good steer tires but they are cheap overseas tires I will swap them for the XZE Michelins that I have on the steer axle of the 03 they are only 2 months old.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You have to get tires? Should have beat on them to do it.

I noticed coming home at 70 I was turning 2600 rpm's, gonna have to check on different gears.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
You have to get tires?
Stay tuned for another 10 page thread.

Go hard, go fast, or go home