Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2010, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Member

I found a brand of tire that works good for what I do. Just do I want to spend the 1500 dollars on tires right now. I have a set of bandag retreads that have 40% tread left I took them off the 03 because they had a thump to them.

I need to find out what Ford is going to sell a Detroit true trac I need one. I guess this truck was spec'ed with a high tow capacity and it comes with a open diff. A open diff is a one wheel peal the True Trac works great it works good in my 2003. I think I will keep the 4:88s when I'am doing 80 Km/h which is the speed limit the engine is reving 2000 rpm. The lower axle gears will help with crawling up the access roads.

I didn't even know this truck had 4:88 till I found the axle code. There isn't much difference compared to the 4:30 axle ratio in the 03.

The true trac does cause locker steer ie it wants to go straight if it was possible you could leave 4 black lines on the road. The true trac is a very tight Positraction. The only difference between it and a Detroit locker is you don't get the the clicking and tire chirp.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
It is cheaper to buy a house in the USA than it is to buy one in B.C.

Banks in Canada are not like in the USA you can't get a mortage for a house unless you make 80-100 grand a year.
The more I listen to what you have to say, the more I realise you're screwed in the head. I can show you places in BC where you can buy a house with a freaking credit card. I have lots of friends who don't make the money you say you have to make to buy a house in Canada, and strangely, all of them own their own houses....and have full time jobs like you claim most people don't.

Quote:
The only thing keeping Vancouver going is the gov't spending trillions of tax money for the sh*tty olympics.
The goverment spending trillions? Good luck, you can't honestly believe that. Yes, they say they are spending between 6 and 7 billion according to the numbers published, but you honestly believe they are spending up to 285 times that amount. Wow, no wonder you live with mom and dad, you have no concept of money at all.

So what do you do for the government anyhow? Work in a toll booth and collect quarters? Handicapped people can do that....right?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
A bare bones XL F-350 reg cab diesel your looking at 50 grand.

You can barely buy a used truck for 31,000.
I'll go to our local dealer tomorrow and find a price on one, guaranteed it's less than you claim. And I'm in Canada, so it has to be the same everywhere...or so you seem to think.

I'd just like to point out to all of our friends south of the 49th parallel, you can't judge us all by this reject. That would be like judging all Americans by the woman in the trailer park after the tornado, with the curlers in her hair, describing how horrible it was to the tv reporter.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco View Post
The more I listen to what you have to say, the more I realise you're screwed in the head. I can show you places in BC where you can buy a house with a freaking credit card. I have lots of friends who don't make the money you say you have to make to buy a house in Canada, and strangely, all of them own their own houses....and have full time jobs like you claim most people don't.

The goverment spending trillions? Good luck, you can't honestly believe that. Yes, they say they are spending between 6 and 7 billion according to the numbers published, but you honestly believe they are spending up to 285 times that amount. Wow, no wonder you live with mom and dad, you have no concept of money at all.

So what do you do for the government anyhow? Work in a toll booth and collect quarters? Handicapped people can do that....right?

You can buy a house in the Interior cheap but there is no work there.

Come out to the Coast and you will see what house prices are about. H*ll its gotten too expensive for Albertans. Out here the house sales to Albertan's has pretty much ended most can't afford the 1 million dollar price tag.

As for the Olympics I never supported it. The whole thing is a big waste of money in my mind. Like I said there is lots of stuff the gov't isn't saying what has been spent. Nobody knows till this stupid 3 week event is over with.

I'am not screwed in the head the only reason why I live in the parents basement is there is very little places to rent. Lets see pay half of my monthly wage for rent and live paycheck to paycheck or live in my parents basement. When the building boom was on people were renting 16 foot travel trailers in their back yard for 400 a month.

I can't say what I do for the gov't but lets put it this way any mistake I make can put quite afew peoples lives in danger. Part of the job stress so I can't make any mistakes or misjudgements.

Like I said I have a gauranteed job not my favorite job but its a steady paycheck.

One thing about it Alco your definatly drinking the Alberta water it is effecting your braincells

In the summer time you can make bets on Albertan tourists and the questions they ask and the things they do. Everybody asks them is there something in your water in Alberta.

All I can hope for is the landscaping work to pick up again and start making some cash money. The truck I bought should suit my needs better than the 03 F-450 I have. The 06 does have a noticably stiffer rear suspension the turning radius is nice to have. Like I said having a truck from California there is no rust. The brake calipers still have the factory paint.

I took the rear wheels off the drivers side usually they are welded to hub with rust not these ones. The outer tire come right off the inner tire came off with a little wiggling.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco View Post
I'll go to our local dealer tomorrow and find a price on one, guaranteed it's less than you claim. And I'm in Canada, so it has to be the same everywhere...or so you seem to think.

I'd just like to point out to all of our friends south of the 49th parallel, you can't judge us all by this reject. That would be like judging all Americans by the woman in the trailer park after the tornado, with the curlers in her hair, describing how horrible it was to the tv reporter.
Ohwell Alco like I said in the other post your drinking the water in Alberta its making you stupid.

Alberta is flooded with vehicals out here in B.C. a good used truck is going to cost you 30 grand.

I won't resort to name calling I guess Alco has to make himself feel better.

You do know arguing on the internet doesn't make you any smarter.

Everybody has their judgements about people that live in B.C. or Alberta or in the USA.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

GR,
first there is about twenty threads about how the B.C. economy is going to collapse after the olimpics and how no one is building new houses. then you trade for a truck that functionally is capable of less than the truck you owned.
secondly, it is to steep for any kind of skid steer use on any projects that aren't being built because all skid steer operators are hurting right now. so you wat an old skid steer.
third, it's too steep for excavator to work and as i seem to remember you had choice words for the smaller excavators others on here have purchased. i think something about how they could be good for the easy jobs in the states but up where you live and men are men they would have no use. but now you mention getting a small mini.
you are very quick to jump on others and explain how hard everything is and how it is all done by maual labor that sounds like it is worse than building a pyramid, but from the picture you posted of yourself, i'm not remembering a guy that looks like the picture of health neccasary to be capable of doing the work you mention.
it seems you start a thread to find people to agree with your ideas. when they don't and offer suggestions you explain they don'w know what they're doing and it won't work where you live. it is fast starting to appear that you are a excavation wannabe (ie. groupie,poser). i will now agree with many others on here and say you need help mentally. it appears there is a short somewhere. unless of course the b.c. gov't has outlawed mental illness. or come out of the closet and deal with it. not trying to bash just bring out what it sounds like your thought process is. i hope someting changes in your world because you got a new truck.
good luck,
i'm done
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 01-25-2010, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat
I need to find out what Ford is going to sell a Detroit true trac I need one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat
The true trac does cause locker steer ie it wants to go straight if it was possible you could leave 4 black lines on the road. The true trac is a very tight Positraction. The only difference between it and a Detroit locker is you don't get the the clicking and tire chirp
It's a shame you couldn't have found something like this...

F800 STAKEBED TRUCK: MADE BY: FORD MOTOR COMPANY IN 1993. MILEAGE: 30,511

Bids start at 150.00
Mechanically injected, Diesel....

Old 01-25-2010, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Ohwell Alco like I said in the other post your drinking the water in Alberta its making you stupid.

Alberta is flooded with vehicals out here in B.C. a good used truck is going to cost you 30 grand.

I won't resort to name calling I guess Alco has to make himself feel better.

You do know arguing on the internet doesn't make you any smarter.

Everybody has their judgements about people that live in B.C. or Alberta or in the USA.
So in the first line you call me a name, and in the third line, you say you won't resort to name calling.....wow.

I called a friend at a dealer in southern BC this morning. He found a 2006 F550 4X4, diesel, automatic, flat deck with 1800 hours, 186,000 km that belonged to a building supply store near him for 18,500. You're right.....sounds like 30 grand to me.

I thought the Kootenays were part of BC, but obviously they moved since I was home if you can find used trucks for under 30 grand there.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
You can buy a house in the Interior cheap but there is no work there.

Come out to the Coast and you will see what house prices are about. H*ll its gotten too expensive for Albertans. Out here the house sales to Albertan's has pretty much ended most can't afford the 1 million dollar price tag.

As for the Olympics I never supported it. The whole thing is a big waste of money in my mind. Like I said there is lots of stuff the gov't isn't saying what has been spent. Nobody knows till this stupid 3 week event is over with.

I'am not screwed in the head the only reason why I live in the parents basement is there is very little places to rent. Lets see pay half of my monthly wage for rent and live paycheck to paycheck or live in my parents basement.

I can't say what I do for the gov't but lets put it this way any mistake I make can put quite afew peoples lives in danger.
You poor deluded little man. It's funny, when I was home last time, I had two job offers, so you're right, there must not be any work in the interior. All of my friends are working, damn that lack of work must be making life hard for them.

I know what high house prices are all about, trust me, the coast isn't the only place with high house prices. You need to learn there is a world out there before you start spouting off. In BC, the lower mainland is a whole different animal compared to the rest of the province. Yet you refuse to...or aren't capable of.....acknowledge that just because things are a certain way near you, they are different elsewhere. In doing that, you keep claiming that in one little corner of BC, the way things are is how they are everywhere. And you say I'm stupid......

Do you know your IQ? I know mine, and it kinda tells the opposite story to what you have to say.

I never said you were screwed in the head because you live with your parents. I said you are screwed in the head because of the dumb stuff you keep saying. How you constantly contradict yourself....do you understand? Or.....do.....I.....have.....to.....speak.....more.....slowly?

You have yourself convinced that there isn't another job anywhere in Canada that would give you stability and benefits. Or is it that you can't move because the BC government has outlawed it? I get so confused the way you jump from story to story....anyway, have fun in your world, while I (like most others on here) continue to live and work in the real world.

I also find it funny how you can't say what you do. I guess you're a spy......all secretive and stuff.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Congrats GR.

Since GR isn't sharing pictures, I'll share...
Yep im gonna need a towel to wipe the drool off my key board, man that is a sweet truck.

Encore Walkbehinds, Great Dane Surfer
Stihl Trimmers, Blower, Chainsaws
98 Toyota 4-runner
85 Ford F350 Diesel, 10'x 7.5' Dump Bed
94 Bobcat 7753