Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Blueribbonlawns's Avatar
Blueribbonlawns Blueribbonlawns is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cheyenne Wyoming
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhelmet View Post
What are the problems with Gopher? Software limitations? Not user friendly? Functional but not efficent? Not reliable?

It would be nice to see a user generated list of capabilities and limitations for these softwares. It takes so long searching through each of these threads to find info on what each can and can't do and also other problems that may arise from the softwares.

Its just cheap at $100 and not user friendly at all and no customer support at all.
__________________
M
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-29-2010, 12:18 AM
darkhelmet darkhelmet is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: vancouver bc
Posts: 4
Landscape Billing

Quote:
We have been using an online billing program that was suggested to me by someone on this site. We've been using it for about 2+ years now and LOVE it! It was previously called Landscape Management System but over the weekend they changed the name and converted everything over to the new name of Landscape Billing. The new name is more simple and easy to type in, remember, etc. Anyway you can do your invoicing, routing, scheduling, estimates, has many letter templates on it, expense reports, it will keep track of all of your collected sales tax and print reports broken down however you need... the list goes on and on!!! I also like that your customers have their own account number and they can log on and look at their invoices, pay online, leave you messages etc. We had our hard drive scratched last year and everything was wiped out!! But since we use the online program we did not lose one bit of business/customer information. The company who fixed our computer called and asked me what billing software we used b/c he was looking for a quickbooks or something to that effect to see if he could restore it... I told him we use an online system and he said we were lucky b/c had we used a program/software on our computer we would have lost all of our business/customer info. You can do a free 30 day demo of landscape billing and the cost is $5.27 per month right now (I looked up the price) and when you sign up your price is locked in forever. This seriously has been one of the best things we did from an admin side of things b/c it has simplified our invoicing and all of that and it looks a lot more professional than what we were using b/c your logo and all of that is on the invoice/estimate/letter.. whatever. Check it out... www.landscapebilling.com


I have looked at this Landscapebilling.com. The online idea seems interesting but the program seems to be geared toward billing rather than scheduling. Do you use it for Scheduling? How do you find it works for days that have 40-50 jobs? Also how does it designated whether or not a job actually got done?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-30-2010, 10:04 AM
gardenkeeper88's Avatar
gardenkeeper88 gardenkeeper88 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
What's going with QB? I currently use 09 but don't see any issues.
For one thing they have added other things that run in the background, it took 8 min one day, 11 another just to open and get to the point of being able to enter my checks that came in. every time I open it I get a switch to error.and then it opens up my start menu on the computer. somtimes 2 times of this. I use preprinted invoices on the customers I print out, and use a different invoice template on those I email. so just try to handle that one. I have to go in and change the invoice on the previous one to the one I want to use or i might be sending invoices without my name and logo and other info. The customers set for email also come up in the print form as well, so i'm emailing them and QB wants me to print them as well. Will QB help with these issues, no my 30 or 90 days from purchase is up. Is there anything else you want to hear? sorry I think 1 software, 1 company to deal with, and all year tech support is what i'm looking at.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
newtostone newtostone is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenkeeper88 View Post
For one thing they have added other things that run in the background, it took 8 min one day, 11 another just to open and get to the point of being able to enter my checks that came in. every time I open it I get a switch to error.and then it opens up my start menu on the computer. somtimes 2 times of this. I use preprinted invoices on the customers I print out, and use a different invoice template on those I email. so just try to handle that one. I have to go in and change the invoice on the previous one to the one I want to use or i might be sending invoices without my name and logo and other info. The customers set for email also come up in the print form as well, so i'm emailing them and QB wants me to print them as well. Will QB help with these issues, no my 30 or 90 days from purchase is up. Is there anything else you want to hear? sorry I think 1 software, 1 company to deal with, and all year tech support is what i'm looking at.
Let me see if I can help a little. There shouldn't be a reason your e-mail invoice and printed invoices should be different. make life simple for yourself. When you save your invoice you check on the bottom left corner if you want that to be printed or e-mailed. Once you have run your batch of invoices you can then e-mail the whole batch.

On another note to everyone else I just picked up QuickBook Customer manager and will give a full review in the next week. This hooks up with quickbooks and also has the ability to set appointments on 7,10, or 14 day or any other spacing you would like so that they are reoccurring for the season.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-30-2010, 01:57 PM
newtostone newtostone is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 681
Now a big question I have if anyone knows this.......is it a possibility to enter in one customers name and then has different services for that client. Lets say that they are a plow client and mowing client, no fert. Is there a way in Quickbooks to be able to say show me a list of all plow clients, or all mowing clients only?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-31-2010, 11:47 AM
gardenkeeper88's Avatar
gardenkeeper88 gardenkeeper88 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 346
[QUOTE=newtostone;3391157]Let me see if I can help a little. There shouldn't be a reason your e-mail invoice and printed invoices should be different. make life simple for yourself. When you save your invoice you check on the bottom left corner if you want that to be printed or e-mailed. Once you have run your batch of invoices you can then e-mail the whole batch.

Are you running Qxpress too? when I post the invoices from QX to QB it automatically sends them to invoices to send OR to be emailed in the QB program. I never see the invoice area of Qb. this is supppose to be the time saving step. and it is. i have the customers set up in in the QB customers settings for the way I send them. However you can't save which invoice type to use. When printing invoices. Preprinted invoices are a lot cheaper than using your printer and the ink required to print the invoice, form and all on blank paper. So when your printing 100+ to mail out i use the preprinted form. Qb even recommended to use preprinted forms.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
bnclawncare's Avatar
bnclawncare bnclawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 25
I have been using Gopher Software, pro edition, for two years now and I have not had any problems with it, as of yet. It was slightly difficult to learn all of the features at first, but after you get the hang of it, its simple.

www.bnclawncare.com
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-31-2010, 07:05 PM
360ci 360ci is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 986
Man, I'm just full of cheesy posts today. First one was that I mentioned I printed my own business cards, and now, I have to admit that I use MS Excel to handle my invoices, payroll, and scheduling, lol.

But, it works for what I need it to do. I have one file per client, and then all my client files are linked to another file that tells me what they owe, what services are coming up that I have promised to do by a certain date, etc. QB is a bit over the top for my needs. I do my own taxes as well (by hand) and it only takes me a couple hours to compile everything: two vehicles, three part-time staff, equipment maintenance logs, vehicle maintenance logs, etc.

I can even factor in what I'll owe on taxes to give me a rough estimate on what I've made up to any specified date throughout the year. It took me a few hours to get the Excel sheets set up, but now it works fantastic, and no, it's not for sale.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-31-2010, 07:32 PM
bnclawncare's Avatar
bnclawncare bnclawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360ci View Post
Man, I'm just full of cheesy posts today. First one was that I mentioned I printed my own business cards, and now, I have to admit that I use MS Excel to handle my invoices, payroll, and scheduling, lol.

But, it works for what I need it to do. I have one file per client, and then all my client files are linked to another file that tells me what they owe, what services are coming up that I have promised to do by a certain date, etc. QB is a bit over the top for my needs. I do my own taxes as well (by hand) and it only takes me a couple hours to compile everything: two vehicles, three part-time staff, equipment maintenance logs, vehicle maintenance logs, etc.

I can even factor in what I'll owe on taxes to give me a rough estimate on what I've made up to any specified date throughout the year. It took me a few hours to get the Excel sheets set up, but now it works fantastic, and no, it's not for sale.
I used to do exactly the same, except I spent more than a couple of hours at the computer each day. I have to admit that the software is a good investment. It really saves the hours spent at the computer.

www.bnclawncare.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-31-2010, 08:52 PM
360ci 360ci is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnclawncare View Post
I used to do exactly the same, except I spent more than a couple of hours at the computer each day. I have to admit that the software is a good investment. It really saves the hours spent at the computer.

www.bnclawncare.com
Even during peak season, I open all the clients from that day, enter in the info and I'm done. A lot of things I have automatically carry over. I set up multiple sheets, one sheet per month and then the a year end sheet, and the year end sheet gets transferred (linked) to another file so total calculations are done within minutes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
invoicing , program , scheduling , software

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.56726 seconds with 7 queries