Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2010, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Over 6 Million vehicles recalled in last few months by Toyota..

As well as 5 plants...3 of which are in the US, where Americans work...

As of right now..there are 8 models of Toyota's you can't even purchase if you wanted to.

On the list are 07-10 Tundra....lmfao

Don't believe me????...Look it up on google.

Buy American!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

by the way. I am in no way implying that Americans losing jobs is funny in anyway..just problems with toyoter.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Sell your yota stock, this is going to be damaging.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2010, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
Sell your yota stock, this is going to be damaging.
Posted via Mobile Device

sure makes my Ford stock look better and better.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Member

If I'm not mistaken, one of the problems was caused by an American supplier. Also, I don't believe any major car manufacturer has not had a major recall.

Not trying to start anything but the reason many people started to switch to Toyota was due to the many quality issues. Since my last 3 vehicle purchases have been Toyotas, my entire family thinks I'm an idiot and a traitor. However, none of them can truthfully claim they have spent $0 other than for normal expenses such as tires, brakes, tune-ups, etc. I have over 500,000 miles with these 3 vehicles (2 Tacomas, 1 Highlander).

I am not anti-American but I got tired of spending hard-earned money fixing mechanical components that should last much longer.

The one thing I will say is that my next full size truck will either be a Ford or Chevy since Toyota can't seem to get the full-size thing figured out. They got the power and size right but the mileage stinks!
Old 01-29-2010, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bladescape your a clown. I hope my throttle decides to stick when your going through the intersection.

When domestics have recalls such as catching fire etc. it's just normal business. It doesn't become such a big deal.

You don't even own one so why would you take the time to post this? For my safety right? Thank you.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelyGuy View Post
Bladescape your a clown. I hope my throttle decides to stick when your going through the intersection.
Even if it did stick his ford wouldn't feel a thing!
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 01-29-2010, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Toyota has gone above an beyond what any domestic car maker would do. toyota has shut down assembly lines to find the problem. domestics. eh keep spitting the cars out we'll figure it out...

how quickly we forget....On October 13, 2009, Ford Motor Co. expanded its largest-ever recall by about 4.5 million vehicles equipped with a faulty cruise-control switch linked to at least 550 vehicle fires nationwide, and the destruction of many homes and other properties. Ford has now recalled more than 14 million vehicles in eight separate recalls over a 10-year period because of the problem.

so ford cant get a handle on a ten year old problem and you pitch a fit over toyata doing the right thing and closing doors until it figures it out. I call great response from toyota....

Sudden-acceleration events in Toyota and Lexus vehicles have led to at least five deaths, 13 crashes and 17 injuries since 2006, NHTSA statistics show.

ford fires are up over teh 500 mark...and lets not forget the ford explorer tire debacle....100+ deaths....

April 13, 2009

WASHINGTON - General Motors Corp. is recalling 1.5 million vehicles because of potential engine fires.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelyGuy View Post

When domestics have recalls such as catching fire etc. it's just normal business. It doesn't become such a big deal.

You don't even own one so why would you take the time to post this? For my safety right? Thank you.
Hey...At least I don't have a toyoyo...

The problem is that Americans are brainwashed with Toyota's mass media scheme to influence people to think that there vehicles are produced with a higher quality than our own American vehicles....It's total BS.

BTW...the part was made in Canada.

I can't believe people would buy Foreign vehicles with how our economy is.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
Toyota has gone above an beyond what any domestic car maker would do. toyota has shut down assembly lines to find the problem. domestics. eh keep spitting the cars out we'll figure it out...

how quickly we forget....On October 13, 2009, Ford Motor Co. expanded its largest-ever recall by about 4.5 million vehicles equipped with a faulty cruise-control switch linked to at least 550 vehicle fires nationwide, and the destruction of many homes and other properties. Ford has now recalled more than 14 million vehicles in eight separate recalls over a 10-year period because of the problem.

so ford cant get a handle on a ten year old problem and you pitch a fit over toyata doing the right thing and closing doors until it figures it out. I call great response from toyota....

Sudden-acceleration events in Toyota and Lexus vehicles have led to at least five deaths, 13 crashes and 17 injuries since 2006, NHTSA statistics show.

ford fires are up over teh 500 mark...and lets not forget the ford explorer tire debacle....100+ deaths....

April 13, 2009

WASHINGTON - General Motors Corp. is recalling 1.5 million vehicles because of potential engine fires.

ummmm.

Toyota is up to over 9 MILLION in ONE MONTH!!!!!

Lets see here....14 million in ten years(Ford as you say)....or 9 million in a month..(toyoyo)

Which is worse smartguy?