Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-29-2010, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
Toyota has gone above an beyond what any domestic car maker would do. toyota has shut down assembly lines to find the problem. domestics. eh keep spitting the cars out we'll figure it out...

how quickly we forget....On October 13, 2009, Ford Motor Co. expanded its largest-ever recall by about 4.5 million vehicles equipped with a faulty cruise-control switch linked to at least 550 vehicle fires nationwide, and the destruction of many homes and other properties. Ford has now recalled more than 14 million vehicles in eight separate recalls over a 10-year period because of the problem.

so ford cant get a handle on a ten year old problem and you pitch a fit over toyata doing the right thing and closing doors until it figures it out. I call great response from toyota....

Sudden-acceleration events in Toyota and Lexus vehicles have led to at least five deaths, 13 crashes and 17 injuries since 2006, NHTSA statistics show.

ford fires are up over teh 500 mark...and lets not forget the ford explorer tire debacle....100+ deaths....

April 13, 2009

WASHINGTON - General Motors Corp. is recalling 1.5 million vehicles because of potential engine fires.
Mark , Toyota was told to stop sales by the US gvmt.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/30/bu.../30toyota.html
Old 01-29-2010, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScape View Post
Toyota is up to over 9 MILLION in ONE MONTH!!!!!
I was wrong...

Past few months.

And I'm posting here because I'm concerned for people like Gravely's safety.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

blade.... ford recall of the 14 million vehicle was a over ten years for the same problem BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO FIX THE PROBELM. they kept putting the same broken crap on the vehicles over 10 years... And I know I had my f150 go up in smoke...as a result of it...What no mention by you of the 100+ people killed by the crappy design on the ford explorer suspension....and ford attempt to blame firestone (coverup) PINTO

Id go out and buy a toyota today. Id even buy a car that's on the recall list thats how much faith I have int he asian produced cars. Toyota will make right and will do right by their customers. Called customer service. something domestics can learn. I own two "domestic cars" one is a chevy tracker (Suzuki) and the other is a saturn Vue (honda driveline) Ive never been happier. now if the body and cheap interior parts can last as long as the powertrain on the saturn I'll be happy. But after what GM did to my family dealership I'll never buy another domestic, unless its a classic that I can wrench on my own.

And please don't be to disillusioned many domestics are just assembled here and the parts are sourced from outside the usa. so even buying american you are still supporting the foreign markets. IN fact some of the asian vehicles built here in the USA have more more domestic parts than their American cousins....
Old 01-29-2010, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to add to this, that Toyota doesn't makes the throttle pedal switch, a third party company does. AND Chevy sedans and coupes, use the same part, but I don't see a recall for those vehicles, whats up with that? I wonder how long before people start to realize this and the new cobalt and Malibu get recalled?

2005 GMC sierra 2500 4x4
2000 Chevy Astro 4.3l vortec V6
2006 Simplicity Broadmoor
2005 Lawn Boy 21" walk behind
2006 Craftsman 21" 6.0 HP push
2005 tow behind spreader, dethatcher, aerator
2006 5X8 trailer
2005 Echo gt-200R
a slew of hand tools
The list goes on

Rome wasn't built in a day, but they didn't have me working on that project
Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

the pedal company is claiming it's not the problem, and that toyota agrees (i have no clue)... oh and the ford/ firestone thing was all media hype, that and people driving suvs like they're driving a sports car.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Toyotas ceo, ariko toyota is not happy! He was quoted today as saying, toyota has put too much focus on becoming #1 in sales and lost perspective on the very things that made them a great company. Big changes coming soon.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

while I dont disagree that people were potential driving like idiots,(they haven't learned and many suv drives still drive like idiots) the ford explorer/tire issue was a result of a poorly design suspension and then ford recommending too low of an air pressure in the Firestone tires. as a result generating too much heat and the resulting blowout and loss of control.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

well yotas recall is now up to 9 million.