Old 02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Heres one
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/1568819502.html
Old 02-06-2010, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstan2010 View Post
If that were a 2004.5 or newer truck, I'd be all over that. But since it is the 2003, it has the LB7 duramax which has the injector problems. I don't really want to have to deal with that.

Like I said, I'm very picky about the truck.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 02-06-2010, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Man people on here cant read well apparantly..

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 02-06-2010, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

here is one
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ctd/1576125837.html

2008 GMC 1500 SLE 4x4 Z71 Ext. Cab
2001 Ford Focus
I retired from mowing lawns
Old 02-07-2010, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

You say your only driving 12,000 miles a year towing a 14' trailer from the looks of your sig. Why are you so set on diesel?

There's a lot more to a truck than the engine and 200,000+ is a lot of miles.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Member

How to buy a truck for LESS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan528 View Post
While does it seem like every truck for sale out of texas has one of those huge grill guards on the front??
As far as the grill guards being "HUGE" as opposed to being NORMAL sized, Don't cha know???? EVERYTHINGS BIGGER in TEXAS!

go to: http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars and book it! It's way overpriced! And you should never pay what they are asking for a USED vehicle. They WILL take at LEAST $3,000 to $5,000 or MORE off I guarantee! And as far as NEW trucks go, they can usually drop $5,000 to $9,000. If buying from a dealer and financing, they will hike you up 1% to 3% on the interest rate, so WHAT EVER the rate is, ONLY buy it if they agree to come down at least 2% on the interest. To get your BEST deal on NEW or USED: Tell them you found a truck you like better, but if you can get this one cheap enough you'll buy it. So SHARPEN their pencil!

1)Tell them you HAVE a trade in. Even if you don't!
2)Tell them you will be financing through THEM. (Even if you are paying cash!)
3)Tell them you would like to buy an extended warranty. (Even if you don't want one)
4)Tell them you want GAP Insurance, and Disability/Loss of Income Insurance. (Even tho you don't)
5) If they sell accessories, (toolbox, bedliner, huge grillguards, chrome accents, whatever) ask them if they can add them to the vehicle and finance them as well) (But DO NOT get them)
6) If they offer window tint, or rock shield, or other applications tell them you want that. (Even tho you don't.)

Now ask them for their BEST PRICE, one shot, before you leave to go get the "other" truck. They will give you their lowest price! If you act like it's too high and start to leave they may even sharpen the pencil a little more!

Now... You have their Best Price, Because they were going to make up the profit on 1) your trade, 2)the financing, 3)the warranty, 4)the insurances, 5) the accessories, and 6) the tint and rock shield. So they gave you a low price for "the truck"! (It's called making the PROFIT off the "BACK END") Now that you know what they will sell it for, Buy it! BUT...tell them you decided not to get the warranty, insurances, accessories, tint, rock shield, etc, and that you are paying cash OR financing with your own bank, (unless they DROP the interest rate by 2 or 3 %). And as far as your trade goes, you decided NOT to trade, because your friend "just called" and said he wants to buy it afterall! By the way... at this point you should give him a jar of vasaline, so what you just did is less painful for them!

Diesels can have alot of problems, I've had several. Seems alot of issues with injectors, and water in fuel in the winter, and they are way more expensive to repair! Fuel Filters and Air Filters alone will make ya go belly up! Of course I was using them out on the pipeline, so alot of dust and dirt didn't help, and 3' of snow in the winter tends to gel up the fuel, so what do I know? I was stuck on wanting ONLY a short box too, LOOKS GREAT! But I was sure glad when I traded for the longbed. Put a Fueltank/toolbox in the back and you won't even notice the long bed.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelyGuy View Post
You say your only driving 12,000 miles a year towing a 14' trailer from the looks of your sig. Why are you so set on diesel?

There's a lot more to a truck than the engine and 200,000+ is a lot of miles.
To tell you the truth I'm not quite sure why I am so set on a diesel. I have been driving my diesel for the last 4 years and I've gotten very used to it. I've driven a few gas trucks and everytime I drive one, I don't really like it....can't say exactly why but I just don't. And I do more highway driving than city, and I'd rather see higher mpg's on the highway than a lower like what I would get on a gas truck.

And yes I understand that there is more to a truck than just an engine. I have to look at everything and make sure it all works fine. So I do realize that, when I look at a truck I do know enough to look at just about everything on the truck I can to make sure everything is in good shape.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds