Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-29-2010, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

New Facebook page

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on in a while so I thought I would jump on and say hi. I have also created a facebook page, have a look

http://facebook.com/murphyslawns

Become a fan if you like what you see...all the support is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Old 01-31-2010, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think you have too much time on your hands
Old 02-01-2010, 02:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets see how you like it.

I'm planning to get rid of my Facebook account in February. I've only had it for personal and don't use it much.

Don't really care for Friend invites and such, and having to figure out who the folks are, except for a couple of cousins who found me. And they can still email.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 02-03-2010, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Perhaps However, networking and branching out my marketing wings never hurts and it only took me 10 minutes to create the page. I am part of a few networking groups on Facebook where I have received jobs. A pretty good 'free' option to market yourself.

We also include a line on our invoices 'Join our Facebook page' with the url. The response has been pretty good so far.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchiem View Post
Perhaps However, networking and branching out my marketing wings never hurts and it only took me 10 minutes to create the page. I am part of a few networking groups on Facebook where I have received jobs. A pretty good 'free' option to market yourself.

We also include a line on our invoices 'Join our Facebook page' with the url. The response has been pretty good so far.
Does facebook really helps you on getting more customers?
Complete lawn care services
Old 02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Does facebook really helps you on getting more customers?
Yes it does...not a lot of work. But I have had a few mowing contracts come from facebook. And not directly from the end client either. It has been from people telling me about someone who they know who needs my services. I don't believe anyone is on Facebook looking for contractors...not yet at least. Like I said it is a great place to network and spread the word.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiaa View Post
this is ignorant, uneducated, uninformed talk.

If you are not willing to change with the times, you deserve to go bankrupt. Why negative crap like this?

Social media is the future of marketing, plain and simple. Something like 50% of Coke's marketing dollars are spent on social media. Why would we as LCO's not take advantage of a little free advertising?

To the OP,

I think you are using your facebook page very well. If a potential customer runs across your page, reads some of your tips, etc., when that person needs anything--they call you.

That's the purpose of your fb page. Provide information for the public.

How is this possibly a bad thing bohiaa? Seems to me like you are the one wasting your time, posting your 1-liners with no help or insight into anything.

My only advice would be to make sure that "Michele Randell" remains at the top of your fans list!

Last edited by Turfdoctor1; 02-06-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfdoctor1 View Post
this is ignorant, uneducated, uninformed talk.

If you are not willing to change with the times, you deserve to go bankrupt. Why negative crap like this?

Social media is the future of marketing, plain and simple. Something like 50% of Coke's marketing dollars are spent on social media. Why would we as LCO's not take advantage of a little free advertising?

To the OP,

I think you are using your facebook page very well. If a potential customer runs across your page, reads some of your tips, etc., when that person needs anything--they call you.

That's the purpose of your fb page. Provide information for the public.

How is this possibly a bad thing bohiaa? Seems to me like you are the one wasting your time, posting your 1-liners with no help or insight into anything.

My only advice would be to make sure that "Michele Randell" remains at the top of your fans list!
Very well said!!!!!! This place has a lot of negative people!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Member

facebook is only good depending on WHO you network with
Old 02-11-2010, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Facebook can be a wonderful tool or a massive waste of time depending on how you use it. Since the demographics of social networking have changed radically in the past few years, FB has become a new marketing goldmine.

Just don't get caught up in useless applications and games and for pete's sake, don't overwhelm your audience with over-frequent updates or TMI. One of the biggest annoyances people have with FB are the never-ending "so and so got a new flower in Farmville" comments.

A twitter feed can be useful for short to-the-point messages as well. The success of any social site is getting the right kind of "friends", fans or followers. Let your customers know that they can see your presence out there and update them regularly, but not too frequently. A good rule of thumb is once a week. Your customers might like more or they might like less. Invite them to comment and then listen to those comments.

Use the forums on FB to your advantage. Getting people into dialogues in the appropriate forum can let you know what your customers really feel. Some people are just more comfortable talking to their computer than face-to-face.