Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2010, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toro Company View Post
yardguy28 -

The roller stripe kit (114-3521)is an existing accessory. It is presently on backorder, but new inventory is scheduled to arrive within the next two weeks. Please have your dealer place a parts order for this kit and you should have it shortly.

-The Toro Company
as i was looking at my grandstand today while changing the oil and doing maintenance i noticed a center piece of metal behind the deck of the mower.

i am now concerned that the stripe roller does have the room needed to be installed behind the deck. there is no way anything can run behind the deck from left to right. there is that piece of metal on each side behind the middle of the deck.

is the roller stripe kit purhaps for the new 2010 models? my grandstand is a 2009 model.

i have yet to receive the kit. it is still on back order so maybe it will work out. it's just looking underneath the mower and knowing how my old exmark stripe kit was installed i don't see how this will work. but maybe that is now where this kit will be installed. i have no idea. i have yet to see a grandstand with a stripe kit.

oh and by the way ignore that guy above me. i think toro is doing a great job with both customer service and producing quality equipment.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

you referring to me yardguy?? Toro can differ from one to the next. I have been pming with toro. I think their mowers are great but if they say they're gonna release it in x don't release it in y. I never said anything about the quality of the equipment being bad.

Bite me yard guy if you're referring to me. If not disregard my statement
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2010, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_n_weave View Post
I disagree. My Grandstand did not stripe good without a kit. Yes deck pitch is set correctly. I bought a kit from www.bigleaguelawns.com

Don't wait for Toro, they told me the kit would be ready in 2009
those things look like junk. there plastic to begin with. i think i'll just wait for my kit from toro. it'll last a lot longer and look nicer in the end.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Cut View Post
you referring to me yardguy?? Toro can differ from one to the next. I have been pming with toro. I think their mowers are great but if they say they're gonna release it in x don't release it in y. I never said anything about the quality of the equipment being bad.

Bite me yard guy if you're referring to me. If not disregard my statement
Posted via Mobile Device
ok i guess i'll bite you because i was referring to you but it wasn't ment to be disrespectfull or i wasn't trying to be a jerk.

just saying your comment isn't shared by everyone. i happen to think toro is doing a great job all the way around.

i never said you had a problem with there quality. i was just praising a company that does excellent work in general.

yes i know it sucks the kits are on backorder but there's not much that can be done about it. i wanted to get mine before the season starts but i'm not sure thats gonna happen. i called my dealer today and he's suppose to be checking. but now after doing the maintenance on my grandstand i'm not sure how it's gonna work if they plan on mounting it behind the deck like exmark's are. i have something that hangs down from where the hydrolic motors sit and it's pretty much behind the mower deck. so when your looking that back of the mower deck you can't see light all the way though. you see some metal in the middle. is yours like this???
Old 03-18-2010, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was expressing my opinion you expressed yours, no need to say ignore me. That's the problem with big companies ignoring the little guys.

If you look at my picture thread you can see where I made a mudflap stripe kit. It has two pieces of metal about 16 inches apart that I had to make notches in the mud flap for it to work if that's what you're referring to then yes. But no big piece in the middle of the deck no
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2010, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I was expressing my opinion you expressed yours, no need to say ignore me. That's the problem with big companies ignoring the little guys.

If you look at my picture thread you can see where I made a mudflap stripe kit. It has two pieces of metal about 16 inches apart that I had to make notches in the mud flap for it to work if that's what you're referring to then yes. But no big piece in the middle of the deck no
Posted via Mobile Device
sorry i wasn't trying to be a jerk.

i'm far from one of the big companies. just a solo guy out there doing his thing.

i think thats what i'm referring to yes. i just know the come down from where the hydro motors sit. but they are pratically behind the mower deck itself. i see no space for a rollor bar to sit behind the deck. those plates are in the way.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They mount just in front of the wheels right? That's what I thought.

Don't worry no hard feelings, sorry I came off strong
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2010, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
They mount just in front of the wheels right? That's what I thought.

Don't worry no hard feelings, sorry I came off strong
Posted via Mobile Device
just went through that thread you have pics in. you have a nice set up.

i think we are talking about the same thing. if you look at your grandstand from the side and look at the rear of the deck underneath. i have 2 i guess plates that come up almost to the back edge of the mower deck i think. i didn't examine it throughally. but i didn't see how a roller bar across the back of the deck would fit.

i've got things put away for today but i might be getting it out again tomorrow so i'll try and take some pics if i can and pm them to you or something.

i hope the striping kit they are coming out with isn't for the 2010 and not the 2009. mine looks exactly like yours only a little dirtier
Old 03-18-2010, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Haha thanks for the compliments. I sold a few different things and ill get my pictures out here soon. I went to a 6x12 now. My grandstand is my operation. I clean that thing just about every weekend. I washed, waxed... yes waxed it and put tire shine on it for the winter... got it out this past weekend and waxed... the colors on mowers fade quick sometimes and id like mine to look good for my sake and the customers. Id like a mower that has 1200 hours but looks like gently used 200 hours.

That stripe kit I hope works for the 09's... ill be aggitated if they don't.

You said you're solo too?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2010, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Haha thanks for the compliments. I sold a few different things and ill get my pictures out here soon. I went to a 6x12 now. My grandstand is my operation. I clean that thing just about every weekend. I washed, waxed... yes waxed it and put tire shine on it for the winter... got it out this past weekend and waxed... the colors on mowers fade quick sometimes and id like mine to look good for my sake and the customers. Id like a mower that has 1200 hours but looks like gently used 200 hours.

That stripe kit I hope works for the 09's... ill be aggitated if they don't.

You said you're solo too?
Posted via Mobile Device
yep i'm solo.

i run a 6' x 12' enclosed trailer with a 36" metro, 52" grandstand and a 21 incher. stihl equipment for the trimmer, edger, blower.

i've never been into cleaning up the equipment all that much. i keep the deck clean underneath but thats really about it. someone once told me you might have dirtiest equipment but it runs the best. all that water can mess up bearrings and spindles, or so i've heard anyway. i've never had trouble with either but then again my mowers are lucky if they see a bath once a season.

i actually hosed my off today with the garden hose because i was changing the oil for the first time and got some oil on the deck so i hosed both the 52" and 36" off. they don't really look any better. the dirt needs to be scrubbed off.

yeah i'll be a little aggitated if the kit doesn't work for the 09's. i can't remember if i mentioned that to toro when i was fishing for the part number on here or not. might of just told them it was a 52" grandstand. i'll look closer next time and see if i can't get some pics of what i'm talking about thats underneath. i just know right now it looks like theres no room for a rollor bar but we'll see when the kit comes in and i go to install it or have my dealer put it on.