Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-18-2010, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I am looking at this option for a 2005-2008 ford f250 or possibly a 350 if i can find one cheap enough, definatly a short bed supercab, due to plowing and the desire to haul people in the cab, so dont anybody get me going on a eight foot bed.HaHa
Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

keep your s10 for the ladies and use the sd for work. go w/ a flatbed anything else is a waste of $... even if you go w/ a skinny flatbed (ie home depot and lowes style)
Old 02-18-2010, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Member

well brandon the ladies do love the s-10. the signature does'nt say but it is dropped almost to the ground and blacked out with limo tint(which catches flak from the cops). but it is time to consolidate, i have a 1999 expedition that is equally tricked with a leveling kit, my bank account can only handle one truck now. HaHa thanks for the thought though.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The bottom line is yes you can do it and yes it will work, but you can end up messing up the bed if you start trying to dump heavy loads. If it's for mulch and brush and stuff, it should be fine. I have a buddy who had one and he had a big leaf box on his truck and it did ok. Sometimes he'd be using a fork to get some of it out though because he was over the lift capacity. I've seen some the were a lift cylinder but others are an air bag I think. You can also just get one of the crank-type ones ...I forget what they call them. Basically it's a heavy fabric with a crank that mounts on the tailgate and the fabric lies on the truck bed.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnlandscape View Post
I am looking at this option for a 2005-2008 ford f250 or possibly a 350 if i can find one cheap enough, definatly a short bed supercab, due to plowing and the desire to haul people in the cab, so dont anybody get me going on a eight foot bed.HaHa
Just to let you know I have an 8ft mason dump and 10 ton lift cylinder for sale. Comes with the sub-frame and the electric over-hydraulic pump for it also.

Used will be wayyyyy cheaper than new.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.