Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-09-2010, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

IOILYOUIN's Picture Thread.

I'll start off nice and slow with some old pics from yesteryear. Action photos will begin in earnest in late spring.

Our old office. Formerly occupied by my Grandparents, the roof was taken off in a microburst several years ago so this building was demoed. I wish we had that gas pump in the back.

Our second office being demoed, I can't tell you anything about the loader but I can ask.

Our current shop, shortly after it was finished.

A former hotmix plant. My dad is pictured.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown

Last edited by ioilyouin; 02-09-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 02-09-2010, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Picking up a new trailer in July of '76.

Worst wreck in our history, dirver fell asleep and drove through curve. Thankfully he was empty and no one was hurt.

Trailer from picture above after wreck. Truck was totaled and trailer was salvaged. We purchased trailer in '76 and kept in use until Mid 2000's, it is currently being used by county South of us.

Another pic of truck.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Old 02-09-2010, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some of the many trucks we've had over the years. At one point we had seven tractors but now we keep just three and sub out the rest. We transitioned from Fords-Freighliners-Kenworths. There was also the occasional International or Western-Star.

Our '89 Dodge. We kept the bed and now is on our '03 550.

Our first new spreader, purchased as a unit in 1966 for less than$7000.00
We still have it and it will run again some day.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I seem to remember the Ford truck in the last pics oiling streets in nashville many years ago. Just wondering but who has your old tanker in washington co?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Those old Ford cabovers are classics.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
I seem to remember the Ford truck in the last pics oiling streets in nashville many years ago. Just wondering but who has your old tanker in washington co?
no one. it went to Metropolis, what ever that county is.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Those old Ford cabovers are classics.
at one time we had 5, but now just two. The last one we had for a parts truck. I hauled it to a truck junk yard where they had dozens from Roadway. They were yanking the axles, trannys and engines to ship to South America and scrapping the rest.

I asked my dad about that truck in the pic, he corrected me and said truck and spreader was 8600 new in '66
Old 02-09-2010, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioilyouin View Post
no one. it went to Metropolis, what ever that county is.
Oh Massac county where I take trains
Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Oh Massac county where I take trains
???
Quote:
It runs with a Ford industial engine on the back. Yes, it has covered a lot of streets. We kept it in operation until the early 90's. Now no one wants to see it because it doesn't have controls in the cab. So now it's our parade truck in waiting.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioilyouin View Post
???

It runs with a Ford industial engine on the back. Yes, it has covered a lot of streets. We kept it in operation until the early 90's. Now no one wants to see it because it doesn't have controls in the cab. So now it's our parade truck in waiting.

You guys still oil alot of roads or has it cut back some due to $? Seems like our township is just oiling a few roads now due to the high price of oil and lack of funding. Alot of the roads are going to heck right now not having the yearly oil/chip.