Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-29-2014, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What's your favorite 35 sized machine?

I'm looking to finally pick up a 35 sized machine. The only experience I have is with a e35. I have a good bobcat dealer but I'm open to any brand. It'll be used mostly for digging and moving stuff.

If all goes well I'll buy a flail mower for it as well. I've decided to StarrT with an excavator and mower rather than a CTL. I already have a tractor and bush hog, and to put a CTL to good use I'd need a mulcher. Which is too much cash right now.

Probably pick up a wheeled machine closer to next winter for snow
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2014, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=9209299

That's one

ANother NH

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=9198003
Old 01-29-2014, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Member

If you are seriously looking at running a mower the Deere machines would be hard to beat because of the aux flow. I really enjoy my 35D even though I have not bought the mower for it yet (spring time purchase). It digs well and the zero swing design is awesome for close quarters digging.

For a price check on the deere I gave 32 for my 09 last year with just short of 2k hours. Equipment prices tend to run a little higher in this area though.

On the new holland. While the rest of my equipment is new holland. Their excavators are generally not well thought of. As a result I didnt even consider them when I made my purchase.

If not for the desire to run a mower though I would have looked really hard at the Tak 3.5 ton machines. They have a bit better specs for digging.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I looked at the specs and an e42 has good numbers for its size.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 01-29-2014, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I liked my 35 sized IHI. Put a ton hours on bought it at a good price and traded it after 2K hours for $2K less than I paid for it. They are a great machine for the money.

I rented a Wacker Neuson 38Z3 with their VDS system for several months this Summer. Really a pretty awesome excavator. Nice to run, great reach and dig power, and the ability to dig on side hills and keep the house flat to the ground is really a plus if you work in other than flat terrain.

I have rented the CASE 36B as well. I think that Kobelco based mini ex has one of the based control system available in a mini in my opinion, them as well as IHI.

Normally I would recommend Takeuchi but they are still in the process I think of upping the aux. flow. My latest TB153 finally makes good aux. flow. I am not sure where the TB138 sits as far as flow. If they have upped the flow, I would add that machine to the mix as well.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd also recommend looking at the Cat 303.5E. I operated the 304E and I was very impressed. Some of the things that I thought were well thought out were the fact that it comes standard with secondary aux flow without having to pay extra, continuous flow is standard as is the ability to adjust the flow to the attachment with a thumb wheel and the screen and the serviceability was excellent. I looked quickly at the specs against the new Deere 35G and the Cat has over 1300lbs better bucket breakout (almost 22% better), has more flow than the Deere machine, a bigger hyd tank and 8 more net hp. This usually translates into better hyd hp for running a flail. I also like the fact that you don't have to dork around with jacking the cab up on the Cat like you do on the deeres. Iíd also consider the filter service intervals too. The Cat salesman said that they are double that of some competitors and that adds up to real savings too considering the prices of filters and oil even though we donít think of it that way too often. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
I looked at the specs and an e42 has good numbers for its size.
I rented one for a week. Very impressive machine, but just too big for what I'm trying to do
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2014, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud23609 View Post
If you are seriously looking at running a mower the Deere machines would be hard to beat because of the aux flow. I really enjoy my 35D even though I have not bought the mower for it yet (spring time purchase). It digs well and the zero swing design is awesome for close quarters digging.

For a price check on the deere I gave 32 for my 09 last year with just short of 2k hours. Equipment prices tend to run a little higher in this area though.

On the new holland. While the rest of my equipment is new holland. Their excavators are generally not well thought of. As a result I didnt even consider them when I made my purchase.

If not for the desire to run a mower though I would have looked really hard at the Tak 3.5 ton machines. They have a bit better specs for digging.
I'm trying to stay around 30k for it. Cause obviously the mowers are expensive as well. I like Deere machines just hate the prices lol

I think nh is rebranded kobelco but I'm still researching
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2014, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I liked my 35 sized IHI. Put a ton hours on bought it at a good price and traded it after 2K hours for $2K less than I paid for it. They are a great machine for the money.

I rented a Wacker Neuson 38Z3 with their VDS system for several months this Summer. Really a pretty awesome excavator. Nice to run, great reach and dig power, and the ability to dig on side hills and keep the house flat to the ground is really a plus if you work in other than flat terrain.

I have rented the CASE 36B as well. I think that Kobelco based mini ex has one of the based control system available in a mini in my opinion, them as well as IHI.

Normally I would recommend Takeuchi but they are still in the process I think of upping the aux. flow. My latest TB153 finally makes good aux. flow. I am not sure where the TB138 sits as far as flow. If they have upped the flow, I would add that machine to the mix as well.
I'm not a big taki fan. Never have been lol

I love the Wacker, but I can't find used ones. I want to get two used machines this year. I've never seen ihi before I'll have to research them

We have a big case dealer here that may be an option too
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2014, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The CASE/New Holland/ and Kobelco are the same machine. They are nice. You might contact WN and see if they have a used 38Z3 laying around somewhere on the East coast. I really did not want to let that machine go. I missed it immediately.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.