Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-19-2010, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

The doctor must have lots of money to own lots of nice acreage like that, it looks nice and quiet.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hahaha- I was wondering when someone was going to notice your "fleet" of listed equipment in your signature The weiner mobile as a crew truck is my favorite next to the Letourneau loader

Seriously though, that bank in the last pic looks beautiful! Nice work!

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 07-22-2010, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm shut down with the mini for repairs, but we're busy oiling roads anyway. We're repairing a hyd leak that came with the machine, at the input shaft . My mechanic gave me a list of things to order prior to teardown so we wouldn't be down long...when he got into it he noted that the main coupler was cracked in two places so I've been waiting for this part to arrive, 4 days past due. Today he called to let me know that he found that all four engine mounts were broken...wait some more. I never noticed that the engine had any amount of play in it, we only noted that the exhaust shook quite a bit. Why this mini was such a good deal may be coming to light, we'll see. Any good explanations as to why all four are broken?
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Old 07-22-2010, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioilyouin View Post
I'm shut down with the mini for repairs, but we're busy oiling roads anyway. We're repairing a hyd leak that came with the machine, at the input shaft . My mechanic gave me a list of things to order prior to teardown so we wouldn't be down long...when he got into it he noted that the main coupler was cracked in two places so I've been waiting for this part to arrive, 4 days past due. Today he called to let me know that he found that all four engine mounts were broken...wait some more. I never noticed that the engine had any amount of play in it, we only noted that the exhaust shook quite a bit. Why this mini was such a good deal may be coming to light, we'll see. Any good explanations as to why all four are broken?
I'am surprised that you have that many problems Kubota is known to be a good problem free machine.

Not sure why all 4 engine mounts would be broken is there any stress cracks anywhere else. Maybe the house is twisting, with the motor mounted on 4 points as the machine twists it is pulling on the motor mounts.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioilyouin View Post
Sucks to hear about the brake downs.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I finally took some better videos of our oil spreading work. (in my opinion) I've only got one loaded now but will add more soon. These are of my dad and I working together on the streets of Breese, IL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzgfXbK1M6c
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Old 08-15-2010, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I made it back over to the good doctor's on Saturday for some more clearing. I packed the Big Red along since I was getting farther away from truck, so that I didn't have to walk out the excavator for lunch/fuel/etc.

I trimmed the middle dam and the lower pond.
A view from the middle pond dam looking down the lower pond and boat house.

Access road between the two ponds.

The lower pond.

The lower pond overflow/turnaround after some cleaning.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Those old trikes are legendary, all those deaths and accidents from the good old days.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 08-15-2010, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't realize that my oiliing link was the wrong one. This video is probably the most interesting, with me doing some fancy driving in a cul de sac. Comments are welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_mHc7hGRKA
Old 08-15-2010, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

It has been a while since I seen a 3 wheeler they used to be common as mud around here everybody had one. Now you have big quads they weigh half a ton.