Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2011, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvy 1ton View Post
Why not put a trapdoor in the bed and put a gooseneck hitch on the 550? Unless it's a stainless steel bed it wouldn't be remotely difficult. Even then the right bottle of gas and roll of wire and your burning metal.

Ozz i dig the Half Life poster. Take that boxes.
That's what I'd like to do. However it's a scissor lift and the hoist and mechanism would be in the way...unless there's a way around that.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Old 01-21-2011, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioilyouin View Post
That's what I'd like to do. However it's a scissor lift and the hoist and mechanism would be in the way...unless there's a way around that.
Oh, that's a problem. I didn't really think about that my neighbor has a cannonball bed, but now that i think about it the hoist is setup weird to keep everything out of the way of the hitch. Time to get a tele-hoist body?
THEY JUST QUIT HORSIN AROUND
Old 02-10-2011, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trying to squeeze work in with everything else. I thought this was supposed to be the off season. We've had a couple of good cold days to firm up the ground, so I'm trying to get some areas done where I needed access from the property owners without too much damage.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Old 02-10-2011, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How many hr.s on the E50 so far?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think I'll break a hundred tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:38 AM
LawnSite Member

what have got in that truck to weigh 9000. my f550 i thought was heavy at 10000 and that is a lot more truck than your 2500.

Quote:
My father and the sales man (go figure) are confident that the 2500 ram will be able to pull the gooseneck. The salesman claims that he has a lot of farmers pulling the 25', 10T trailers with 3/4 ton trucks. So here we go.

Truck, equipment, tools, and fuel weighed in at 25060. The truck itself weighed in at 9000. thoughts?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

With the excavator loaded on the trailer, the truck weighed in at 9,000 and the GVWR is 8800. But that is easily manipulated by where I place the load. I am not overloading the axles on either the truck or the trailer with dead weight. There is simply more weight there to handle than the truck is rated for.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

So how does that hemi do lugging the e50 around anyways? And what kind of mileage are you seeing?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2011, 02:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You have to keep your foot in it if you're in a hurry. It does good, I haven't encountered a hill that starved it out yet. Some of the other locals maybe will chime in that the Caseyville hill on 64 is one of the bigger hills in the area. If you come off of IL157 and head East on 64 the on ramp is very tight and it leads straight into the slope of the hill. I pulled it one day last week and was able to top the hill at 60 after comming off the on ramp at 30. The one time I checked I got approximately 6 mpg.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
With the excavator loaded on the trailer, the truck weighed in at 9,000 and the GVWR is 8800. But that is easily manipulated by where I place the load. I am not overloading the axles on either the truck or the trailer with dead weight. There is simply more weight there to handle than the truck is rated for.
whys the gvw of the truck so low? 8800 ws like the 90's dodges.... my business partners 07 dodge cummins which is got the same cab and bed as u as a gvw of 9100 and my 02 dmax is 9200 .... just seems low to me ....

side note how do u chain that down , do u keep the boom up like that or tuck it down