Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-20-2010, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been fairly busy with my mini and other equipment. I really don't have time to set up for pics, but today we were working in the yard. We took 500+ Tons of CA-6/ Grade 8/ roadpack and ran it through this portable mixing machine. The video is a time lapse with pics evey minute. I would have liked to set up the camera in a different location, but we needed to get going. Sorry, but there is no sound, it's only 9 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqWDe2UHvBg
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Old 04-20-2010, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys own your own machine to make the bam or do you rent? I have watched them make it at Mollers before, and its amazing how fast it can be made.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioilyouin View Post
I've been fairly busy with my mini and other equipment. I really don't have time to set up for pics, but today we were working in the yard. We took 500+ Tons of CA-6/ Grade 8/ roadpack and ran it through this portable mixing machine. The video is a time lapse with pics evey minute. I would have liked to set up the camera in a different location, but we needed to get going. Sorry, but there is no sound, it's only 9 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqWDe2UHvBg
Dude that was awesome! Nothing like a full day's work in 9 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 04-20-2010, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
Do you guys own your own machine to make the bam or do you rent? I have watched them make it at Mollers before, and its amazing how fast it can be made.
I wish I owned that machine. It has paid for itself several times over. That is the same one that Moeller rents. IT stays busy all spring, and most of the summer. I've tried to buy it off of Marathon, but they've got it too good to let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Dude that was awesome! Nothing like a full day's work in 9 seconds.
Actually it was only about four hours with cleanup. We ran out of rock and took a break to see if any more was nearby. That and the operator on the Deere couldn't keep up so we had to shut down twice to let him catch up. With close piles and bigger loaders you can easily turn a load out in two hours. I was on the Bobcat, I tried to feed the mixer but I just didn't have enough height. I could reach over but couldn't dump all the way because of a screen in the hopper.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Old 04-27-2010, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yesterday I did some demonstration mowing for a township nearby. The commissioner wants to see what kind of production I can get and to let his board see what can be done. I only did one side of the road, but the results were pretty evident.
Down the hill

Up the hill

Another spot before

After
Old 04-28-2010, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My father-in-law has been after me to come over and rock his driveway. Some portions needed rock while others just needed to be opened up and regraded. So I took our Kubota because I wanted to use the box blade to rip some areas, our roller and dump with chip gate. Had to get rid of a lot of debris in the corners.
Before

After

Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Geeze, what a difference! Looks fantastic!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! Nice job! The pics really show a good before and after in both cases.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

gotta love a box scraper with chisels to bring the rock back to the top
Old 04-29-2010, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That culvert is little shallow for my comfort.