Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-20-2010, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
You have a lot to learn, and your telling me to get with it dude! Whatever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
you really have NO IDEA what your doing. Good luck.
whats with the seflrighteous, it's my way or the highway, i know more than you do because i've been in the business x amount of years dudes stinking up the thread???????
Old 02-20-2010, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

that was a awesome looks lawn by the way.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Member

People are hateful on this site.....great thread though
Old 02-20-2010, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornett22 View Post
The first one you would beat me fair and square.That is what riders are for.Ideal situation.

The second one,based on the incomplete picture,I could easily top you.

Excellent work regardless.Great job!

Out of curiosity,which lawn was mowed with what mower? Just wondering about the difference between the Exmark and the Hustler.
Both mowers are used on each job. the top is about 5 times more than in the picture. The bottom I have been mowing for 18 yrs I started out with a 42" Walker mower, bagging it and dumping it on site, took 6 hrs to mow and trim. Now I can mow and trim it 2.5 hrs. If you run with a trimmer you can trim it in an hour. That picture shows only a 1/4 of the lawn.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 02-20-2010, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
whats with the seflrighteous, it's my way or the highway, i know more than you do because i've been in the business x amount of years dudes stinking up the thread???????
I've helped many youngsters get started in the Lawn business in my area. I give them lawns that are small that I am not interested in, I turn down at least 25 jobs per yr, now I refer them to those who need it. I help them pick out equipment that will work the most efficient. I've taught them because they were hard working, nice guys. You came out of the blue chewing me out because you didn't understand what I mean't. You started this, go back and look at what you said. Change your attitude and you'll get a lot more help.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

Old 02-20-2010, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I've helped many youngsters get started in the Lawn business in my area. I give them lawns that are small that I am not interested in, I turn down at least 25 jobs per yr, now I refer them to those who need it. I help them pick out equipment that will work the most efficient. I've taught them because they were hard working, nice guys. You came out of the blue chewing me out because you didn't understand what I mean't. You started this, go back and look at what you said. Change your attitude and you'll get a lot more help.
i know exactly what you ment. my point is you can't use the term ztr to mean riders anymore because it's inaccurate. there are TONS of ztr's that are either walkbehind or stander.

i wasn't trying to chew anyone out. just make a point. but i really don't care for those guys who think everything they say is golden just because they've been in the business x amount of years. i left the previous site i came from because that place was filled with these guys who thought there way was the best and only way and they wanted to be worshiped for everything letter that came out of there mouth. not saying thats you......

but if its one' thing i can't stand is those that think everything they say is golden and just because they've been in the business for 10, 20, etc. years everyone with less years under there belt should do things the way they say.

in my book there's more than one way to do everything and there is no one best way to do anything. everyone does what works for them.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
i know exactly what you ment. my point is you can't use the term ztr to mean riders anymore because it's inaccurate. there are TONS of ztr's that are either walkbehind or stander.

i wasn't trying to chew anyone out. just make a point. but i really don't care for those guys who think everything they say is golden just because they've been in the business x amount of years. i left the previous site i came from because that place was filled with these guys who thought there way was the best and only way and they wanted to be worshiped for everything letter that came out of there mouth. not saying thats you......

but if its one' thing i can't stand is those that think everything they say is golden and just because they've been in the business for 10, 20, etc. years everyone with less years under there belt should do things the way they say.

in my book there's more than one way to do everything and there is no one best way to do anything. everyone does what works for them.
I don't know if you've done this yet, but there is a ton of valuable info if you use the search engines here. I don't know how far back it goes, but everyone on here has gone through a learning curve, and we all start out in 1 direction thinking it's the only way, then find out later we could be doing things a lot more productive by changing it up and being open minded to different equipment. We are getting a lot ofthe same questions over and over and some who have been on this site for yrs may not feel like repeating themselves. I encourage all new to Lawnsite to use this feature as much as you can first, might save a few arguments too.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

hahahahahahah sounds like your talking about yourself. Your word is gold right?

SOLO OPERATION
Old 02-20-2010, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
hahahahahahah sounds like your talking about yourself. Your word is gold right?
you said it not me........

i have my ways of doing things and i like my way and do it cause it works for me but my way won't work for everyone.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

oh i c. So if somebody else mentions another way they are? hahahh got it!

SOLO OPERATION