Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2010, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

1987 Chevy Silverado with newer crate engine 9,500 miles (South Jersey)

Truck has a newer 350 CI 290hp Crate Engine with about 9,500 miles. Body, frame, trans has 128,*** miles. Auto Overdrive Trans. 2wd, 8 ft bed power locks and windows, Rust isnít too bad. The bed is in great shape along with the rockers and floor. Frame is solid. Control arms have surface rust. The Engine and flowing was new in April of 2007 installed by previous owner, edelbrock carburetor, intake, distributor, fuel pump, true dual exhaust, exhaust manifolds, belts, hoses, etc. radio/cd player, windshield, receiver hitch, brakes, rotors, calipers, shocks, bed mat. Class 3 or 5 hitch He started restoring it. I bought it in February of 2008 and used it the past 2 summers for my lawn service. I put 2 new catalytic converter on it and replaced the tires in July of 2008. Changed the oil every spring and fall, just had the oil changed mid December. Only drove it locally a few times a week in the grass cutting season and drove a few times to garden centers in a 30 mile radius and always started it every week in the off months. The truck runs great, never gave me a minute of trouble. The truck is in pretty good shape, just do some body work and get a new paint job and you are set. The only known problems are the AC doesnít work (bad compressor I think), the baffle for controlling the vents/floor/defroster doesnít work right (only blows out of the floor vent, the driver door power lock doesnít work, passenger side window doesnít work (I put a new motor in and it worked for a while and then stopped one day), passenger side mirror has a crack (new ones are $20), and dents/scratches. The previous owner put about $5000 into it plus labor (I have copies of receipts); I put about another $1200 into it. Iím not trying to hide anything. Very good reliable truck, hate to see it go but I no room for it. If you are handy you could fix the problems pretty easily. Makes a great work truck. If you are interested or have any questions please call me, Tom, at 856-266-8257 or send me an email Please only call me if you are serious buyer
$2700OBO

Truck has a newer 350 CI 290hp Crate Engine with about 9,500 miles. Body, frame, trans has 128,*** miles. Auto Overdrive Trans. 2wd, 8 ft bed power locks and windows, Rust isnít too bad. The bed is in great shape along with the rockers and floor. Frame is solid. Control arms have surface rust. The Engine and flowing was new in April of 2007 installed by previous owner, edelbrock carburetor, intake, distributor, fuel pump, true dual exhaust, exhaust manifolds, belts, hoses, etc. radio/cd player, windshield, receiver hitch, brakes, rotors, calipers, shocks, bed mat. Class 3 or 5 hitch He started restoring it. I bought it in February of 2008 and used it the past 2 summers for my lawn service. I put 2 new catalytic converter on it and replaced the tires in July of 2008. Changed the oil every spring and fall, just had the oil changed mid December. Only drove it locally a few times a week in the grass cutting season and drove a few times to garden centers in a 30 mile radius and always started it every week in the off months. The truck runs great, never gave me a minute of trouble. The truck is in pretty good shape, just do some body work and get a new paint job and you are set. The only known problems are the AC doesnít work (bad compressor I think), the baffle for controlling the vents/floor/defroster doesnít work right (only blows out of the floor vent, the driver door power lock doesnít work, passenger side window doesnít work (I put a new motor in and it worked for a while and then stopped one day), passenger side mirror has a crack (new ones are $20), and dents/scratches. The previous owner put about $5000 into it plus labor (I have copies of receipts); I put about another $1200 into it. Iím not trying to hide anything. Very good reliable truck, hate to see it go but I no room for it. If you are handy you could fix the problems pretty easily. Makes a great work truck. If you are interested or have any questions please call me, Tom, at 856-266-8257 or send me an email Please only call me if you are serious buyer
$2700OBO

$2700OBO
$2700OBO
More pictures http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/x...mer73/?start=0

Old 03-17-2010, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

sorry for having the text so many times
Old 03-18-2010, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Member

bump ttt today