Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2010, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Door hangers all summer?

We have for several seasons put out door hangers, but never put them out all summer long. How many of you that put out door hangers put them out all summer long? Does the response rate slow down?

Thanks, Tony
Old 03-30-2010, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Member

The best time by far is spring (like right now) and I'll do thousands of door hangers. Last year I still did them into mid summer and even early fall but not as many. I will do that again this year.

The response rate drops later in the year because most people have already found a lawn care company or do it themselves. However, in mid season or later you will always pick up new customers due to bad health or other reasons they cannot do it, it gets too hot for them, they just moved into a home, or they got rid of their lawn company.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartOfTexas View Post
The best time by far is spring (like right now) and I'll do thousands of door hangers. Last year I still did them into mid summer and even early fall but not as many. I will do that again this year.

The response rate drops later in the year because most people have already found a lawn care company or do it themselves. However, in mid season or later you will always pick up new customers due to bad health or other reasons they cannot do it, it gets too hot for them, they just moved into a home, or they got rid of their lawn company.
Thanks, I did figure the return rate would drop off some but I need to build my crew route up a little. I hope to get good results from them this summer.

Tony
Old 03-30-2010, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.E. View Post
We have for several seasons put out door hangers, but never put them out all summer long. How many of you that put out door hangers put them out all summer long? Does the response rate slow down?

Thanks, Tony
Lets talk, It's not about post cards, door hangers, etc., it's about getting a customer to think of your company when they think of your services. That is why you should have your logo on it and in the phone book. So when they look for lawn care they think of you/your logo. The more they see you/your logo the more they associate you with lawncare. The more flyers you get out the better. I hate when people say I sent flyers out and only got 1 call. Now dam it its not about that its marketing look at brickmans the more you see them the more you think of them.

96' Dodge Ram 2500
Little Wonder Blower 6HP
Little Wonder Vac 8.5HP
1 Echo Trimmers 210i