Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2010, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hino trucks?

I was looking thru truckpaper and saw a Hino 145 that looked to great for lawn care, it was a cab/chassis truck but would look great with a dovetail landscaping bed on it. The cab and front windshield were massive on this truck and it only had 19.5" wheels, it looked kind of funny with that big of a cab and those little wheels and tires though. This truck had 68K on it and they wanted $12K for it, Im not sure what engine it had in it, but I believe it was a CAT diesel??

Something else I found amusing on that site, there were lots of F450/550s for sale and lots of F650s, the 650s were cheaper than any of the 450/550s??!! That doesnt make much sense? They also had alot of the Chevy/GMC 4500/5500 cab/chassis trucks, they are not as expensive as I thought theyd be. I am definitely going with a medium duty truck next time around, even if I have to use it for my daily driver as well as my lawn rig! The ultimate grocery getter!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hino trucks are not too bad, we had a lot of them at the leasing company I worked at.

I've never seen one with a CAT engine in it, all of the ones I have ever seen have Hino's own engine in them. They're pretty reliable trucks. The past couple years, the reliability has gone down the shitter with the new emissions equipment that they've been carrying. Stay away from the newer ones with the DPF systems.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 02-14-2010, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Watch out hear the gas pedal sticks and it won't stop when you push down on the break pedal! Haha jk Hino is a toyota company
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2010, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hino is owned by toyota. They are making a big push to get more market share with these trucks. In fact, they opened a new manufacturing plant in West Virginia and are ramping up production.
I have heard they are good dependable trucks, and I bet we will be seeing a lot more of them in the future.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Member

The little Hino trucks are good the windshield is huge but it is the same one used on the cab overs they used to build.

A metal recycler I know has a 165 Hino its been a good truck for him his fuel mileage is better than the F-450 he had and the Hino carries a load better.

I can't remember what engine Hino trucks are using I think its a Mitsubushi the 2-3 ton trucks are not using the 4 cylinder Hino engines anymore.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Anyone got a clue what a brand new 145 cab/chassis with 109"whlbse goes for?
Old 02-14-2010, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Look for a non-DPF model, it will be a couple years old. Trust me on this one, right now the bugs are NOT worked out of them. A customer is having a TON of trouble with one, Hino flew someone in from Japan and he couldn't fix it.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!