Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2010, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Palat,

I'd go with an exmark, I had a snapper hydro that was amazing, but the service in our area just isnt there. I have 2 toro's but they are belt drive which I hate. My new exmark is going to be the ticket. You should really get rid of that old z mower and upgrade that, I saw it more @ the rental than out cutting.lol.

Gotta find good help too, Franks a good worker, but he just has his own demons. I tried 2 people in his place this year and things really didnt work out. This year I'll try him again, but the everyday pay and borrowing money isnt going to fly.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh and i was at the rental today. Jeff has new buntons for 2700 but you assemble. Thats all jml uses and they have a nice stripe.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

ecs

I just wanted to suggest to the person who had problems with the ecs...u can adjust the operating tension on the ecs and make it oh so smooth. Too much pressure, and it will hurt. Just look at the setup, you can loosen the tension and make it easier to squeeze. Get it set right and there's no way a pistol will be easier to run.

T.J. Crawford
Cutting Edge Turf Solutions
Old 03-03-2010, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltddrop View Post
I just wanted to suggest to the person who had problems with the ecs...u can adjust the operating tension on the ecs and make it oh so smooth. Too much pressure, and it will hurt. Just look at the setup, you can loosen the tension and make it easier to squeeze. Get it set right and there's no way a pistol will be easier to run.

T.J. Crawford
Cutting Edge Turf Solutions

How do you do that? I want a little more butter and a little less bread on mine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2010, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishboy View Post
I went from a Bobcat pistol belt to a Exmark TTHP with ECS and the spring pressure and fatigue factor was much worse IMO on the Exmark Hydro.
if you have the speed adjusted to faster then you go, you will always have that pressure. Finding the right speed will reduce most the hand fatigue when it comes to the ECS.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmanCT View Post
if you have the speed adjusted to faster then you go, you will always have that pressure. Finding the right speed will reduce most the hand fatigue when it comes to the ECS.
That is just silly to think I would not know that already.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, I have the Turf Tracer HP with ECS and I set the max to slower when I'm cutting in my first passes. Otherwise you're holding the thing back all the time. The only belt drive I eve operated was an older Scag and all the operators looks like a cross between Popeye and an ape because the grips were really stiff and the bars were too low...after a while you'd just start walking like a knuckle dragger, and got huge forearms, lol.