Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-21-2009, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Loegering VTS tracks

I have a VTS track system on my skid. Getting close to rubberband replacement. Are there aftermarket suppliers of tracks or do you have to buy Loegering? I checked on price from Loegering and they are pretty proud....for a 12" track for my Gehl 5640T they want $1,921 each plus freight. Any thoughts ideas out there? Ktraxx.......any thoughts?
Old 12-21-2009, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I talked to KR awhile ago and he might have some different brand or tread that was interesting. I know he has been crazy busy, will pm you his email if you want.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Stuve.......emailed KR........will report back, if and when.......
Old 12-21-2009, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I just got a set of replacement tracks from KRtraxx for my 59 link VTS system. He got me a pair of the Mclaren Nexgen TDF tracks. I think they are one of the first sets to go out for VTS systems. I have not driven with them yet. You have to unbolt the system to take the front hub out to get them on, and as much as I wanted to put them back on to drive them around and see how they were I just put the tires on for snow and will have to wait until March to see how they ride. The tracks look very nice though and should have a lot smother ride then the originals.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Landscaping View Post
I just got a set of replacement tracks from KRtraxx for my 59 link VTS system. He got me a pair of the Mclaren Nexgen TDF tracks. I think they are one of the first sets to go out for VTS systems. I have not driven with them yet. You have to unbolt the system to take the front hub out to get them on, and as much as I wanted to put them back on to drive them around and see how they were I just put the tires on for snow and will have to wait until March to see how they ride. The tracks look very nice though and should have a lot smother ride then the originals.
Are those more like an ASV/Cat track? I have the old 'blocky' style and are rough when running two speed.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

Can you post a picture of the tread? I will be in RSG shoes next year. I about fell over when he told me what they cost from Loegren

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Here is a link for the tracks http://www.mclarenusa.com/nextgen-td...er-tracks.html I will try and snap a few pics today when I am at the shop of them as well.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
Can you post a picture of the tread? I will be in RSG shoes next year. I about fell over when he told me what they cost from Loegren
What is the cost? I am about ready for a new set contacted him the other day for the replacements but would rather have those next gens.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUSWEDE View Post
What is the cost? I am about ready for a new set contacted him the other day for the replacements but would rather have those next gens.
He was quoted $1850 or so for 15" plus $300.00 shippinng. So 2K a piece. That is pretty steep. I have the 18" tracks so they would likely be more yet. I also want the new tread design if I go to the VTS OEM track. That old style blocky tread is a vibration producing tread.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Here is a link for the tracks http://www.mclarenusa.com/nextgen-td...er-tracks.html I will try and snap a few pics today when I am at the shop of them as well.
I watched the video, I agree with Swede I think I would rather have those. I would like to hear from someone who runs that track, it would appear to me that it would perform well in snow as well. What was the cost of these from Mc Laren?