Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
Thanks, it's decent for what it is. Certainly not on par with the Force line, but it works better(moving larger volumes of leaves) than the BR600 in most instances. I can see myself adding a larger one next fall and really hitting the leaves hard. There is pretty good money in cleanups.
sorry i havent been on here in a while. I was looking at a little wonder 5 hp my local dealer had left over. do you think the 5 hp is powerful enough? It actually has the same engine as yours does.
6x12 Road King open trailer
Exmark Metro 48
Toro Proline 36 Belt Drive
Lawn Boy 21" commercial 2 stroke
Toro commercial 21"
Redmax EBZ 80001 BP
Redmax EBZ 8500 BP
Redmax CHT 2300 Hedge Trimmer
Redmax BCZ 2610 trimmer
Stihl BG 55
8 HP Push Blower

Solo Operation

My equipment and truck pics:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=283877
Old 01-16-2011, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Haha yep I was actually going to start a new thread on that in the main section, and I think I'll go do that now

Thank you for your compliments! I take pride in what we've got so far, and I hope it's obvious
No problem!! I actually just saw that before this!!

And yes, it IS obvious.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Here is a short video from Friday night. Nothing too exciting haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzcMhETaBsM
i guess your buddy does like videos lol
Old 01-16-2011, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That's my brother. He hates videos, and pictures, and pretty much everything. He's generally a jerk, but I keep him around cause he works good. Oh, and he owns the other half of the company LOL.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben's Landscape View Post
sorry i havent been on here in a while. I was looking at a little wonder 5 hp my local dealer had left over. do you think the 5 hp is powerful enough? It actually has the same engine as yours does.
I think that when it comes to leaf blowers, bigger is better. The one I have moves leaves good but a bigger one would be even better.

My advice would be to buy the biggest one you can and still stay within your budget.

Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I think that when it comes to leaf blowers, bigger is better. The one I have moves leaves good but a bigger one would be even better.

My advice would be to buy the biggest one you can and still stay within your budget.
Ok yeah i agree i just saw a great deal on it so i figured lawn site would know haha. would you say its equal or more than your br 600
6x12 Road King open trailer
Exmark Metro 48
Toro Proline 36 Belt Drive
Lawn Boy 21" commercial 2 stroke
Toro commercial 21"
Redmax EBZ 80001 BP
Redmax EBZ 8500 BP
Redmax CHT 2300 Hedge Trimmer
Redmax BCZ 2610 trimmer
Stihl BG 55
8 HP Push Blower

Solo Operation

My equipment and truck pics:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=283877
Old 01-16-2011, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats as slick of a bobcat as Ive seen, how much salt does your v box hold. I am looking more toward bulk salt and a vbox, its gotta beat fooling with the bags and saves money as well.?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben's Landscape View Post
Ok yeah i agree i just saw a great deal on it so i figured lawn site would know haha. would you say its equal or more than your br 600
It definitely has more blowing power than the BR600, by a considerable margin.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2011, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
Thats as slick of a bobcat as Ive seen, how much salt does your v box hold. I am looking more toward bulk salt and a vbox, its gotta beat fooling with the bags and saves money as well.?
Thanks, we bought it used in the fall of '08 with about 1400 hours or so, it's over 1600 now but I'm not sure how much. I do know my brother lets it run on the trailer if it's real cold out as it cools down so fast and we like to keep the cab warm

That particular spreader is listed with a 1.5 yard capacity, I am pretty sure I have put more than that in it on one occasion, it was really heaped up. The guy who I buy salt from(landscaper just on the edge of town) had one of his salters break so I spread for him, and the apartment complexes and gas stations were a ways away and I didn't want to make another trip back to refill.

Bulk hands down is the way to go. The bulk price is less than half that of bagged, more profit. Imagine cutting open a full skid of 50# bags and dumping them into the spreader. Your arms would be dead, not to mention it would take you a half hour. Yes, bulk is the way to go.

The only thing you need to watch is if the salt load freezes, it will suck. Ask me how I know

Also there is a bit of a learning curve with knowing how much the spreader is putting out and how wide of a pattern. I am constantly playing with the auger and spinner speeds, and I'm still learning that yet.

I do a few very small lots with a push spreader, also some walkways the customer requests a more expensive ice control product like Melt Down and I use the push spreader for that. I still keep a skid of that and a skid of the yellow bag Morton safety salt in the shop, we use 6-8 bags per snowfall on misc. things.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2011, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good info
I believe I will go to bulk in the fall, I need to pour a concrete bunk to put it in and find a v box but I think it will be worth the trouble. Like you say, I will probably keep some "proper" concrete ice melt around haha, for those who dont like salt on walks. That one is still up in the air to me. University studies show salt has no more harmful effects than any of the rest if applied properly?? but thats neither here or there I guess. I'll do what they ask.