Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-05-2013, 02:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just remembered the existence of this website and the thread I had.

We are still in business. Doing well... growth has slowed but we have done that on purpose. There has been discussion of expanding a lot, but we are still not sure if we want to deal with the headaches and expenses that come with having adopted children(my pet name for employees). Perhaps in a year or two...

Last year was tough, with the lack of snow and the hot summer... We were down in income. This winter was much better and I'm looking forward to a good warm season, though it sure is a slow start. Hoping to start dethatching soon. I have a few pics to put up, which I will get to in the next day or two.

In February of last year I decided to move to Las Vegas... did the bookwork from there, and drew a small salary. Moved back here last September, of course my timing was great as this is the longest winter I can remember LOL.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
I just remembered the existence of this website and the thread I had.

We are still in business. Doing well... growth has slowed but we have done that on purpose. There has been discussion of expanding a lot, but we are still not sure if we want to deal with the headaches and expenses that come with having adopted children(my pet name for employees). Perhaps in a year or two...

Last year was tough, with the lack of snow and the hot summer... We were down in income. This winter was much better and I'm looking forward to a good warm season, though it sure is a slow start. Hoping to start dethatching soon. I have a few pics to put up, which I will get to in the next day or two.

In February of last year I decided to move to Las Vegas... did the bookwork from there, and drew a small salary. Moved back here last September, of course my timing was great as this is the longest winter I can remember LOL.
Glad to see you're back on here, and I'm looking forward to the pictures.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ok, random pictures.

My brother likes to throw firewood through his back window.

New shop rental. Smaller than the other one by a lot, but the other one was demolished to make room for an incoming subdivision so we had no choice.

Some of our junk outside, all dirty. Normally the equipment is spotless mostly, my timing was, well perfect here.

Acquisition - '96 F350, 7.3. Use it for a lot of things, runs great and pulls well.

Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

This is approximately half of our snowblower fleet LOL.

Nephew needed some new shirts, so...

Bed work...

Another one before:

after:

Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Got some cheapo wheels and tires for the skidder for winter, they actually provide much better traction.

Nope, all our trucks and trailers do not fit in the shop unfortunately!

This is one of my favorite customers. If any of you are familliar with the Apple Pie/Cherry Pie/Cow Pie brand liquor, the founder/owner also owns this bar. When I first got his business in '06, he was just starting out with the liquor thing and explained to me how he had just ordered something like 10,000 bottles for his first venture which was Apple Pie.

Here you can see the bar and tree on the bottle label. Travis is one hell of a guy and even occasionally bartends at the place. Though his wife usually sends us the check, he always remembers who I am even if he hasn't seen me for a long time. One of those guys who never forgets where he came from. He always pays on time, never complains, and is very flexible with us when it comes to odd jobs that we do for him. People like him are the ones who make me love this business.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Another shot of the beds I posted earlier. That's not our edger, we just rent one... but I really want to buy one.

We bought Exmark's aerator back in October. I'm pleased with the machine. It speeds up the productivity a ton, but you also have to be very careful using it because you can tear up the turf badly if you don't know what you're doing.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

We also have a website now. Well a main page. I bought the domain name probably 2 years ago, just haven't had the time or inclination to have a company design me a site. Soon...

www.topcutlawns.com

Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Work looks good as always!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2013, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice pics.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Still going.

Picked up a second Bobcat... 2010 S185 2-speed with 150 hours on the ticker.

The 2nd speed is incredible, I can pull a 2 or 3 car driveway and dump the snow over the curb in 3-4 minutes. It's so much faster that we are thinking about maybe trading the other Bobcat in on a second 2-speed machine.

Quote: