Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2010, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SellingIron View Post
I have sometime to give but not much...Goto Youtube (I will be nice) and search for D-Series.. There are 3 videos where their JD rep says (I'M) I don't know about 150 times. (Up to date now) I'm really a nice guy. If I was your rep, you would be a repeat customer..

On a different note: I talked to a Cat Rep. this week and he was not impressed with the ( I will be nice) D-Series..
He's a Cat rep he is not going to say that the D-series is the best thing since sliced bread or his customers will be going to the Deere dealer. I sure the guy is not that stupid, as a salesman you always think and potray your product is the best.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeereMan85 View Post
Well obviously the Deere dealers down there are a whole lot different than around here. We have at least one fully equipped road service truck at each store along with the ability to deploy technicians in other shop vehicles for mobile service. We run a parts route every day, so you get any parts we have in stock in less than 24 hours. If we don't have it, you can get it within 2 days with free shipping or overnight if you pay the extra shipping. We have a rental department, but even if we didn't we could use used machines for loaners and refer customers to rental shops in the area for attachments, etc.

Point being, what your local dealer operates like is not representative of every Deere dealer in the US. We have crappy Bobcat dealers around here, but that doesn't mean Bobcat has anything to do with it.
The deere dealers around here suck for service after the sale and they do not stock any attachments they are small AG dealers. I really like deere but my cat dealer is great called him 2 days ago and asked him if he had a set of used pallet forks he dropped them off today and I have never bought a machine from him. When I need a new machine I really want it to be a D series deere but It will probably be a cat. My local deere dealer would be like "a service truck what's that fords new model"?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeereMan85 View Post
Well obviously the Deere dealers down there are a whole lot different than around here. We have at least one fully equipped road service truck at each store along with the ability to deploy technicians in other shop vehicles for mobile service. We run a parts route every day, so you get any parts we have in stock in less than 24 hours. If we don't have it, you can get it within 2 days with free shipping or overnight if you pay the extra shipping. We have a rental department, but even if we didn't we could use used machines for loaners and refer customers to rental shops in the area for attachments, etc.

Point being, what your local dealer operates like is not representative of every Deere dealer in the US. We have crappy Bobcat dealers around here, but that doesn't mean Bobcat has anything to do with it.
Funny, Deere dealer (me) is the only one open in North Alabama on Saturday...With 6 locations. No on else was open yesterday...NO ONE.....Next.