Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2010, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with one of the previous posts.

I say hire a professional service to deliver them for you. They can get out way more volume than you could on a scooter.

I think if you compared the cost factor you would see that.

Part of me thinks you want an excuse for a Segway.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Member

I wouldn't want to spend $4,000 just for flyers, that's why I will probably rent one if I do it at all. I did find one alot cheaper, but still that would take alot of flyers to be worth buying it.
I may not even try it, cuz, I haven't had anyone tell me how it worked out for them doing flyers. I have about a week to decide. I'll let everyone know if it worked out if I do rent one.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Member

We used a MAJOR Professional Delivery Company to pass out Phone Books when I sold Yellow Page Ads. A trash service called us and asked why we had TONS of phone books in their dumpsters all over town.
The following year we used their next biggest competitor. Thought everything went great, but 6 mos later a Storage shed Rental Company called us to come remove 15,000+ Phone Books from an unpaid storage unit.

My boss paid all of us to deliver them the next year.

I'll stick with the Church groups and Youth groups. I saw another post on lawnsite about a delivery company dumping all the flyers from a Lawncare Service.

Nah... I don't want a Segway, I was just thinking it might be easier and faster, after my 4 knee surgeries.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Thats my worries as well with outsourcing to another company to distribute door hangers, is that they will never actually make it to the doors. I know if I pass them out myself they will get done correctly, but takes a lot more time. I hope to get 1000 hangers out next month.

The segway is an interesting idea, but from the videos online I have seen, they aren't the easiest to "park" and restart as someone else said. Seems like it may be more of a hassle then its worth. How much to rent one? Maybe you could demo it there first to see if its something that would work for you?

Tags
advertising , flyers , promotion , segway