Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2010, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Critique My Door Hanger

Here is the rough draft of my door hanger I created for the 2010 season. The quality sucks but it's an idea of what I came up with. I'm going to send the final rough draft to the graphics artist for them to create the proof. What do you think?

BACK

Old 02-21-2010, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't like the yellow. Green and black is better in my opinion.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post

The green and yellow is what we have on all out shirts, hoodies, truck, trailer, signs, business cards, estimate sheets, etc. As far as layout and wording what do you think?

BTW, I already fixed the misspelled word on the front of the door hanger before anyone calls it out.

Last edited by Kickin Your Grass; 02-21-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Member

kickin your grass..

One thing you might consider is to add a more tangible benefit the customer receives for choosing you..ON the front, you mention reasons to call you and they are true but general in nature and not any different from what a lot fo other companies say.

In the podcast last week, I touched on this idea of differentiation--it juts helps to stand out from the crowd with something unique if possible..just a couple of thoughts..looking good though.

Check out the most recent Podcast under the PODCAST tab on lawnsite.com
Old 02-21-2010, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Are you talking about the darker yellow? The darker yellow areas will be the same color yellow that is in my logo and the arrow at the bottom of the front of the door hanger.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBizCoach View Post
kickin your grass..

One thing you might consider is to add a more tangible benefit the customer receives for choosing you..ON the front, you mention reasons to call you and they are true but general in nature and not any different from what a lot fo other companies say.

In the podcast last week, I touched on this idea of differentiation--it juts helps to stand out from the crowd with something unique if possible..just a couple of thoughts..looking good though.

Thank You! I just checked your website out and am listening to the podcast now.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

IMHO, they don't look the least bit professional. It is kinda on the cheesy side. How about a picture or two of your work as a backdrop. No need to list every single service you do. I don't see the reason to call...$5 off of one lawn service is not going to get me to call. 10% for the season or FREE something with signup for X service, that would entice me to call. The door hanger is a good start, but I feel it needs work.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1234 View Post
IMHO, they don't look the least bit professional. It is kinda on the cheesy side. How about a picture or two of your work as a backdrop. No need to list every single service you do. I don't see the reason to call...$5 off of one lawn service is not going to get me to call. 10% for the season or FREE something with signup for X service, that would entice me to call. The door hanger is a good start, but I feel it needs work.

I wouldn't know where to start as far as adding a picture as a backdrop. I'm guessing I just need to hire somone to create a professional one from scratch. I created this with paint, cutting from old pictures of flyers and door hangers I had and putting stuff together.

Last edited by Kickin Your Grass; 02-21-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry guys. I had to have the front image of the door hanger taken down as I was getting private phone calls all of the sudden. Thanks for the helpful replies tho!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin Your Grass View Post
Sorry guys. I had to have the front image of the door hanger taken down as I was getting private phone calls all of the sudden. Thanks for the helpful replies tho!
I like the way you have the back layed out. It looks like you have everything you could possibly list on the back, makes me wonder what you had to fill out the front...???? Logo obviously, what else?