Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2010, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Grasshopper 616 or 620

For a new Contract with a big lawn (an old castle in private use) - I need a mower that can power through tall and short grass, and bag all the time, Aerate, Watering and vacuum leaf, clippings, debris.
At the Winter I need a possibility for plowing or sweeping snow at the parking lot (place for 15 cars) at the same property and for the winter maintenance at a new area with multi family houses and parking garages .

So I took a look at a frontmount grasshopper 616 or 620 with a 44 inch deck, powerfold, vacuum-system.

Is this mower better than a Walker MD-GHS with the same implements ?

What do you think about using a front-mount mower for winter-maintenance ?
Old 03-07-2010, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

First, I would recommend the 620 over the 616. I think the 616 is underpoweres for what all you want to do with it.
Both the Walker and the Grasshopper 620 are great machines. I have owned both brands and both have served me very well. The front deck machines look to be just what you need for the work you want to do.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cash112 I cant answer your questions, but you would probably get more replies and more info if you posted your question in the Commercial and Residential Lawn Mowing Forum on this website.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenred View Post
Cash112 I cant answer your questions, but you would probably get more replies and more info if you posted your question in the Commercial and Residential Lawn Mowing Forum on this website.
Ok, I was not sure if the Commercial & Residential Mowing is the correct forum for that Question.

Greetings

Chris

Last edited by Casch112; 03-09-2010 at 04:01 AM. Reason: The Signature was missing
Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Grasshopper is an excellent choice but it wont be as maneuverable in tight spots. As far as implements walker has a great 2 stage snowblower and grasshopper offers only single stage. Ive never seen a grasshopper cut but the walker is the best ive seen so far. those 2 brands are my top choices. good luck.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyusa View Post
Grasshopper is an excellent choice but it wont be as maneuverable in tight spots. As far as implements walker has a great 2 stage snowblower and grasshopper offers only single stage. Ive never seen a grasshopper cut but the walker is the best ive seen so far. those 2 brands are my top choices. good luck.
Iīve never seen a cut so far from both models. That will come this year when I try each on the lawns.
A neighbour use a Wright Sentar and that cut was nothing for my contractors.

Interessting is the Grasshopper mowing deck, changeable from side-throwing to mulching or using with the vacuum-system.
What I am missing is a sweeping-system vacuum nose to clean-up leafs which is working with the Vacuum or the Walker GHS.

Equipement:
Al-Ko 21" push-mower
MTD Trimmer 790 TB
MTD BackPack Leaf Blower
Toro Leaf Vacuum/Blower 911