Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-28-2010, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_mow_zing View Post
no thats not stock height....lol
uhhh yes it is, both of the dodges are bone stock.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 02-28-2010, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
uhhh yes it is, both of the dodges are bone stock.

yep, sure...show me a pic of any other bone stock truck that has the frame thas above wheels of the truck
Old 02-28-2010, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
yep, sure...show me a pic of any other bone stock truck that has the frame thas above wheels of the truck
lol why would i lie about putting a lift kit on my truck?? my red ram is the same exact height, looks lower because of the side step things.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

this one looks the same height as mine.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
not to be off topic but his truck is stock height the 4wd 2500 and even the 4wd 1500 sport sat up this high
Old 03-01-2010, 04:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Do you find the regular cab easier to plow with then the ex. cab?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Geez guys, why don't you take your urination contest private....need I remind you that this a PROFESSIONAL forum?
I agree, so many of the threads go to sh...t!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishboy View Post
If you put that heavy ill cutting field mower in my small residentials I mulch you would be fired within four weeks. Bragging on a machine because how much you spent does not impress anyone.
I guess you didn't get my point. I guess not everyone understands sarcasm. If I wanted to brag about the equipment I have, I would list it with every post like many here.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
only noobs bag grass.
Although his attitude is obviously over-the-top, I agree with him in his overall point that the practice of bagging lawn clippings is essentially the resurrection of your grandfather's naive mistake of an idea.
Grandpa never put any thought to the fact that the clippings he bagged & hauled off actually represented X% of the nitrogen he applied earlier that year.
Not to mention what he was doing was clogging up landfills unneccessally....(or the watersheds, if he was dumping illegally!)

Many contractors that currently 'bag & haul' COULD BE mulching/discharging X% of their clippings, but they:

A) purchased expensive clipping (& leaf) pickup equipment that's often cumbersome, if not impossible to switch over to a 'mulch &/or discharge' system in the insane craziness of the growing season

B) in general, give little or no thought to the overall health & well being of the turf under their wheels, aside from maybe ....seeing a "nice stripe".
These types of guys have completely NO understanding of the importance of returning clippings have to maintaining soil health in the turf.
So to these dweebs, this whole debate is inconsequential.

C) they fall behind in their mowing schedule for whatever reason, or get socked with rain / snow, etc...and thus feel pressed to hook up collection systems to get caught up.
But when they finally do, they stay in the 'pickup' pattern instead of switching to 'mulch'
Why?........
Either because of human nature's tendency to "stay the course".....
or
....because some of them feel they may rock the boat with their clients if they had been bagging clippings prior, then mulching / discharging later.

More professional mowing contractors should POLL THEIR CLIENTS as to whether THEY prefer bagging vs. mulching of their clippings.
I'll bet many of them that've been hiding under rocks might be surprised just what direction public consensus has taken lately!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Marcos. Your post reminds me of this bit of humor a customer of mine gave me:

GOD AND ST. FRANCIS DISCUSSING LAWNS

GOD: Francis, you know all about gardens and nature. What in the world is going on down there? What happened to the dandelions, violets, thistle and stuff I started eons ago? I had a perfect, no-maintenance garden plan. Those plants grow in any type of soil, withstand drought and multiply with abandon. The nectar from the long lasting blossoms attracts butterflies, honey bees and flocks of songbirds. I expected to see a vast garden of colors by now. But all I see are these green rectangles.

ST. FRANCIS: It's the tribes that settled there, Lord. The Suburbanites. They started calling your flowers "weeds" and went to great lengths to kill them and replace them with grass.

GOD: Grass? But it's so boring. It's not colorful. It doesn't attract butterflies, birds and bees, only grubs and sod worms. It's temperamental with temperatures. Do these Suburbanites really want all that grass growing there?

ST. FRANCIS: Apparently so, Lord. They go to great pains to grow it and keep it green. They begin each spring by fertilizing grass and poisoning any other plant that crops up in the lawn.

GOD: The spring rains and warm weather probably make grass grow really fast. That must make the Suburbanites happy.

ST. FRANCIS: Apparently not, Lord. As soon as it grows a little, they cut it-sometimes twice a week.

GOD: They cut it? Do they then bale it like hay?

ST. FRANCIS: Not exactly, Lord. Most of them rake it up and put it in bags.

GOD: They bag it? Why? Is it a cash crop? Do they sell it?

ST. FRANCIS: No Sir. Just the opposite. They pay to throw it away.

GOD: Now let me get this straight. They fertilize grass so it will grow. And when it does grow, they cut it off and pay to throw it away?

ST. FRANCIS: Yes, Sir.

GOD: These Suburbanites must be relieved in the summer when we cut back on the rain and turn up the heat. That surely slows the growth and saves them a lot of work.

ST. FRANCIS: You aren't going to believe this Lord. When the grass stops growing so fast, they drag out hoses and pay more money to water it so they can continue to mow it and pay to get rid of it.

GOD: What nonsense. At least they kept some of the trees. That was a sheer stroke of genius, if I do say so myself. The trees grow leaves in the spring to provide beauty and shade in the summer. In the autumn they fall to the ground and form a natural blanket to keep moisture in the soil and protect the trees and bushes. Plus, as they rot, the leaves form compost to enhance the soil. It's a natural circle of life.

ST. FRANCIS: You better sit down, Lord. The Suburbanites have drawn a new circle. As soon as the leaves fall, they rake them into great piles and pay to have them hauled away.

GOD: No. What do they do to protect the shrub and tree roots in the winter and to keep the soil moist and loose?

ST. FRANCIS: After throwing away the leaves, they go out and buy something which they call mulch. They haul it home and spread it around in place of the leaves.

GOD: And where do they get this mulch?

ST. FRANCIS: They cut down trees and grind them up to make the mulch.

GOD: Enough. I don't want to think about this anymore. St. Catherine, you're in charge of the arts. What movie have they scheduled for us tonight?"

ST. CATHERINE: "Dumb and Dumber", Lord. It's a really stupid movie about.....

GOD: Never mind, I think I just heard the whole story from St. Francis.