Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2013, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

You need to buy a Load handler, it is the next best thing to a dump bed. I have a Chevy 2500HD with wooden sides that are level with the top of the Cab of the truck and i will fill the whole thing with wet grass and leafs and it unloads it great. Buttttt If you get a lot of wet grass at the front of the bed it will wedge itself in front of the wheel wells and then you have to do some shoveling or a heavy duty back pack blower with a hoodie and a pare of jeans (It gets veryyyy messy with the back pack blower). But it is totally worth the money and get the heavy duty version and it will save you alotttt of shoveling. Also good for mulch, rock, brush, and logs. hope it helps guys!!
48in Yazoo Esteem
48in John Deere GS45
42in toro time cutter
Husqvarna 128LD with all attachments
2 Echo PB-265LN back pack blowers
1 Echo PB-500H Back pack blower
1 Echo CS-450 Chain saw
Old 02-26-2013, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowerboy04 View Post
For those of you who bag grass weekly i was wondering how you handle your grass clippings. I either thinking building up the sides on my trailer and dumping onto a tarp and then draging it out. Or dumping into my pickup bed and put some sort of a load handler in it. Any and all ideas are appreciated.
thanks
alex
You need to buy a Load handler, it is the next best thing to a dump bed. I have a Chevy 2500HD with wooden sides that are level with the top of the Cab of the truck and i will fill the whole thing with wet grass and leafs and it unloads it great. Buttttt If you get a lot of wet grass at the front of the bed it will wedge itself in front of the wheel wells and then you have to do some shoveling or a heavy duty back pack blower with a hoodie and a pare of jeans (It gets veryyyy messy with the back pack blower). But it is totally worth the money and get the heavy duty version and it will save you alotttt of shoveling. Also good for mulch, rock, brush, and logs. hope it helps guys!!
48in Yazoo Esteem
48in John Deere GS45
42in toro time cutter
Husqvarna 128LD with all attachments
2 Echo PB-265LN back pack blowers
1 Echo PB-500H Back pack blower
1 Echo CS-450 Chain saw
Old 02-28-2013, 06:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
i don't cut in the rain either but there are times when the morning dew makes things wet. when side discharging or even bagging sometimes clumps are present and a second pass is required or you go around the whole yard with a blower.

we cut at the height of 3" or higher. weekly in most cases. sometimes more than weekly. we try to avoid bi weekly at all cost.

and yes there is a difference between leaving clippings around vs. clumps. side discharging alone leaves clippings around, but they will turn into food for the turf. clumps will kill whats under it and be present until at least the next service sometimes longer depending on if you leave it there and how large it is.
You hired a employee?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
You hired a employee?
sorry, habit from talking with clients. I've always referred to solo business as we when talking with clients or potential clients.

a tip an old friend told me when I first started in business.