Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Skid Sprayer Help!

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for a 200 gallon skid sprayer. Was hoping to get some insight on models and brands that people on here like.

If you have the website to research it as well that would be great. Thanks in advance.

New would be best but would entertain used if you have something that may fit my needs.

Tiggar

Last edited by tiggare10; 02-26-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would be willing to sell mine. Very low price. Retireing. Click my name and look at the pictures. It has 400 gallon tank which can be replaced with 200 gal tank from TSC for $349. Or...just fill it to only 200 gallons.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco makes a nice one, I was at my John Deere Landscapes store last week and they had them marked down to 3500.00 dollars, otherwise northern tool also sells them, a little less money, go to northentool.com of yuo want pics. I like the lesco space saver, then it wont take up all the room in your truck bed. Good luck.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I really dont think there is much difference between makes a plastic tank a diaphragm pump 5.5 hp motor hose & reel [elec is a must] and a frame. If i had to do it over again i would do a space saver model if your going to use a pick up more room to haul other things. look on here on the market place there always some there.
Charles Cue
Old 02-28-2010, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have an extra skid sprayer I would sell. I think it is 150 or 200 gallons. We got it with our our first Isuzu. Not sure if honda motor works. Have not needed it, so have not started it. I think it is too wide to fit inside a pick up bed. I can include some pics.
2004 Perma Green Ultra
2 Spyker 288 Supers
6 Shurflo electric backpacks
2 Husqvarna 356 low noise blowers
Ryan Mataway Overseeder
Plugr PL845 Pro VS
Plugr PL410H
Old 02-28-2010, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Member

We need it to fit in a pick up...Riggle we do granular apps as well so don't have room for the 300 gal. Thanks anyways.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tiggre,
No room for granular fert? Its all in knowing how. You do what you have to. Its tight, but...I can get about 10 bags plus a spreader on my truck. (Keeping the tank almost empty because of the weight.) If I need to I can get about 10 more bags in the cab. (Handy if rain). If I leave the spreader home the guys at my fert dealer can get 32 bags on board--but only for the short trip back to the warehouse. Tight fit. LOL!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

JDL/Lesco is no longer making it's space saver unit. They are still made by cub cadet I believe but not available at JDL.

My locals sell sprayers by GNC. I picked up a real nice 300 gallon poly split tank last year with a 5HP Honda, pump and a gear driven cox real for a decent price.

I recommend them. I use mine specifically for tree spraying/fertilizing and it works great.

It fits like the space saver in front of the wheel wells and I have room for a full pallet. I do have a one ton duelly with the payload though.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard that the welds are weak on the ones from Northern tool, don't know from experience. I just built my own skid, the steel cost less than $200, and my brother (a millwright) welded it up for a half rack.

I would recommend that you use a "real" Honda motor, the el-cheapo copies on eBay just don't hold up, this much I do know. Also Hannay makes a hose reel that is far superior to Reelcraft. I have no Idea about Coxreels as I have never used one. I prefer Hypro diaphragm pumps, though I also have an Udor Kappa 40 that works just fine. As far as tanks, it is my understanding that the horizontal round ones are the best for agitation.

Tags
fertilization , pesticide , skid sprayer , sprayer , tanks