Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-04-2000, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I have useing image design software for my landscape bids for 3 years and have found it to be a great sales tool. I was wondering if anybody uses this type of tool in there landscape designs.And how you advertis it? <p>----------<br>royce nelson<br>
Old 02-08-2000, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Royce, which program do you own? I have Design Ware by Design Imaging Group. Unfortunately I haven't used it much except for a couple of freebies for friends. I would like to start making some money using it, so I'm very interested in how everyone else markets it. One of my suppliers charges $100 for contractors that bring them the picture and design. What are other companies charging the clients? Do you have any problem selling the service?
Old 02-08-2000, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I use photo realistic pictures to help the home owner understand what the plan looks like installed. Most people (specially women) have a hard time imagining how a plan translates to their yard. I don't use it in place of a plan (except for tiny plans) but find it's a great selling tool. I use a digital camera to capture an image since film takes too long. With a digital camera you have the image right away. Instead of printing the completed picture E-mail the file. The image will look better than your printer output and saves you a trip to the client. Make sure they have signed an agreement not to shop your ideas to other contractors! Right now I'm using Planix and Sierra 3-D but want to upgrade to a pro package.
Old 02-08-2000, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Member

yard<br>Right now I use pro landscape by autodesk it has a cad program with it and you can do imaging with a plan diagram and estimate all in one.In the past I have tried eaglepoint softwear but I found it to be complicated for this country boy. I use an sony mavic digital camera. Sony is the only camera that uses a floppy disk so there is no down loading and is fast. As for advertising that<br>has been the hard part. And still woking on that.<p>----------<br>royce nelson<br>
Old 02-16-2000, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Our company started using Design Imaging (DIG) about a year ago. It puts the fun back in the design process. The look on the clients' faces when they see how good their property could look is almost as gratifying as when they ink the contract. It is just a sales tool that needs to be used in a responsible manner to communicate and not to mislead.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>
Old 02-17-2000, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as advertising the software--we really don't. We concentrate on attracting the right clients according to the install services that we offer. Then we offer the design service to the client after we've had a chance to talk to them and pre-qualify them. That's when they begin to decide that we are the right company for them. I'm not sure that we would want to mass advertise the design software service really heavily because we don't want D-I-Yers lined up at our office doors taking our time (even though they would be paying for the design) when we can be working on design/install projects that will add a lot more $$ to the gross. If it's not being marketed by any of your local competitor's you might get some free publicity from a local newspaper or TV station by writing a small article and including some examples of 'before' and 'imaged' designs. They are often looking for new things to feature in their home and garden sections. What do you think? <br><p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>
Old 02-18-2000, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Member

As for advertising I have not spent much money on it. I feel when you set down with a customer and show them a design with the {dig} they have a better understanding what it well look like. I did talk to a guy that has been showing some customers that are thinking about painting there house what the house would look like with different colors and getting payed for it. So the software has a lot of things you can do with it.<p>----------<br>royce nelson<br>
Old 02-18-2000, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Member

We use DIG, as for advertising, people are normally astonished of what it can do, so I beleive word of mouth would then travel fast.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Imagine Pro by Showoff.com is an inexpensive ($39.99) DIG program that my 5 yr old can use fluently and has a pretty extensive encyclopedia along with accessories. Downfalls incl. no "common" plant names.