Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Mahoney3223's Avatar
Mahoney3223 Mahoney3223 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: midwest
Posts: 992
i don't have a bad attitude at all. i just dont like lazy people who want other people to do the work for them. and i don't like part time guys. sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-04-2010, 10:11 AM
RepoMan207 RepoMan207 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sebago Lake, Maine
Posts: 5
I wasn't really referring to you Mahoney. Your more of a follower anyway, nothing really original to say in any of your posts.

Although, I agree that most leg work should be done prior to asking for help, I've also seen alot more advice, on alot less information. When a senior member turns around and blast someone in the way a certain individual did...it's just not right. What kind of message does that send really? Why even be here, or better yet, why even post a damn reply. Get off your high horses and remember you were right where RC is now, asking the same questions in probably the same manner. I think some folks need to realize how there coming across....especially as a senior member as there words carry a much heavier weight with them. After all, that's why we're here on sites like this to begin with; to help and learn more about the industry so one can further themselves and their businesses.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,009
If you use Bing maps in the bird's eye view mode, it has a scale be make it easier to estimate area.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Mahoney3223's Avatar
Mahoney3223 Mahoney3223 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: midwest
Posts: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepoMan207 View Post
I wasn't really referring to you Mahoney. Your more of a follower anyway, nothing really original to say in any of your posts.
haha i'm glad you follow my posts...i thought i had free time on my hands, lol, and oh yeah thanks for the dr. phil moment, it was touching!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-04-2010, 01:33 PM
motox391's Avatar
motox391 motox391 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mi
Posts: 39
agreed....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-04-2010, 01:57 PM
ALC-GregH's Avatar
ALC-GregH ALC-GregH is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 7,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepoMan207 View Post
I wasn't really referring to you Mahoney. Your more of a follower anyway, nothing really original to say in any of your posts.

Although, I agree that most leg work should be done prior to asking for help, I've also seen alot more advice, on alot less information. When a senior member turns around and blast someone in the way a certain individual did...it's just not right. What kind of message does that send really? Why even be here, or better yet, why even post a damn reply. Get off your high horses and remember you were right where RC is now, asking the same questions in probably the same manner. I think some folks need to realize how there coming across....especially as a senior member as there words carry a much heavier weight with them. After all, that's why we're here on sites like this to begin with; to help and learn more about the industry so one can further themselves and their businesses.
I'm for helping anyone out. When I got started and even before then, I never asked, "what mower should I get" or "how do I bid commercial properties" or "what is the best trimmer" or "how do I sharpen my blades" or maybe "how much would YOU charge on this property"? As if they already know what it should be when really they want to know just how bad they'll have to take it when they find out they're price is way off. I read countless threads to the tune of thousands to get to the ones with real meaning that are well written. I mean thousands. My membership date is fairly new but for 3+ years I read threads in here before I even signed up to be a member. There are so many threads like this one that it would take months to read them all yet instead of reading and learning from them, they just make a new thread so they can hopefully get a quick answer. I say go out and do the best you can, learn from YOUR mistakes and build your business off of your experience. Too many young guys (and older too) feel they can just jump right in and be like someone that's owned and operated a business for 20 years. They find out quick that it doesn't happen that way then learn about this site, don't read up on anything before they get started then fire away with common every HOUR questions. I think some that are getting on here have spent a week or two thinking about doing it and jump right in blindfolded. They haven't spent any time to learn even the littlest things.

Last edited by ALC-GregH; 03-04-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:05 PM
RepoMan207 RepoMan207 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sebago Lake, Maine
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
I'm for helping anyone out. When I got started and even before then, I never asked, "what mower should I get" or "how do I bid commercial properties" or "what is the best trimmer" or "how do I sharpen my blades" or maybe "how much would YOU charge on this property"? As if they already know what it should be when really they want to know just how bad they'll have to take it when they find out they're price is way off. I read countless threads to the tune of thousands to get to the ones with real meaning that are well written. I mean thousands. My membership date is fairly new but for 3+ years I read threads in here before I even signed up to be a member. There are so many threads like this one that it would take months to read them all yet instead of reading and learning from them, they just make a new thread so they can hopefully get a quick answer. I say go out and do the best you can, learn from YOUR mistakes and build your business off of your experience. Too many young guys (and older too) feel they can just jump right in and be like someone that's owned and operated a business for 20 years. They find out quick that it doesn't happen that way then learn about this site, don't read up on anything before they get started then fire away with common every HOUR questions. I think some that are getting on here have spent a week or two thinking about doing it and jump right in blindfolded. They haven't spent any time to learn even the littlest things.
I know where your coming from. I see alot of this on PS as well as some different industry forums. With so many guys being out of work......blah blah blah. I know it's difficult to keep ones cool at times, especially when there bottom line is being cut into time and time again by "low ballers", mostly newbies....we (the established & experienced guys) tend to focus our frustration and anger towards those newbies here on the forums as if their the actual guys under cutting us in the real world. Even more so when forum etiquette isn't acknowledged. However the thing that gets me is the way some of the more seasoned guys interact with the....less knowledgeable at times. It just goes back to the olé saying; If you don't have anything nice to say.....

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:25 PM
RepoMan207 RepoMan207 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sebago Lake, Maine
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney3223 View Post
haha i'm glad you follow my posts...i thought i had free time on my hands, lol, and oh yeah thanks for the dr. phil moment, it was touching!
Name:  rolleyes.gif
Views: 39
Size:  1.0 KB Ah, you must be the forum clown of LS. I didn't know I was in the presence of such greatness. Name:  aWeAreNotWorthy.gif
Views: 39
Size:  1.8 KB
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Mahoney3223's Avatar
Mahoney3223 Mahoney3223 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: midwest
Posts: 992
hahaha!!! if i'm the clown then your the joke!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:11 AM
RepoMan207 RepoMan207 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sebago Lake, Maine
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney3223 View Post
hahaha!!! if i'm the clown then your the joke!
Don't you know it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.10304 seconds with 8 queries