Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-04-2010, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i don't have a bad attitude at all. i just dont like lazy people who want other people to do the work for them. and i don't like part time guys. sorry.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

I wasn't really referring to you Mahoney. Your more of a follower anyway, nothing really original to say in any of your posts.

Although, I agree that most leg work should be done prior to asking for help, I've also seen alot more advice, on alot less information. When a senior member turns around and blast someone in the way a certain individual did...it's just not right. What kind of message does that send really? Why even be here, or better yet, why even post a damn reply. Get off your high horses and remember you were right where RC is now, asking the same questions in probably the same manner. I think some folks need to realize how there coming across....especially as a senior member as there words carry a much heavier weight with them. After all, that's why we're here on sites like this to begin with; to help and learn more about the industry so one can further themselves and their businesses.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you use Bing maps in the bird's eye view mode, it has a scale be make it easier to estimate area.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepoMan207 View Post
I wasn't really referring to you Mahoney. Your more of a follower anyway, nothing really original to say in any of your posts.
haha i'm glad you follow my posts...i thought i had free time on my hands, lol, and oh yeah thanks for the dr. phil moment, it was touching!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Member

agreed....
Old 03-04-2010, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepoMan207 View Post

Although, I agree that most leg work should be done prior to asking for help, I've also seen alot more advice, on alot less information. When a senior member turns around and blast someone in the way a certain individual did...it's just not right. What kind of message does that send really? Why even be here, or better yet, why even post a damn reply. Get off your high horses and remember you were right where RC is now, asking the same questions in probably the same manner. I think some folks need to realize how there coming across....especially as a senior member as there words carry a much heavier weight with them. After all, that's why we're here on sites like this to begin with; to help and learn more about the industry so one can further themselves and their businesses.
I'm for helping anyone out. When I got started and even before then, I never asked, "what mower should I get" or "how do I bid commercial properties" or "what is the best trimmer" or "how do I sharpen my blades" or maybe "how much would YOU charge on this property"? As if they already know what it should be when really they want to know just how bad they'll have to take it when they find out they're price is way off. I read countless threads to the tune of thousands to get to the ones with real meaning that are well written. I mean thousands. My membership date is fairly new but for 3+ years I read threads in here before I even signed up to be a member. There are so many threads like this one that it would take months to read them all yet instead of reading and learning from them, they just make a new thread so they can hopefully get a quick answer. I say go out and do the best you can, learn from YOUR mistakes and build your business off of your experience. Too many young guys (and older too) feel they can just jump right in and be like someone that's owned and operated a business for 20 years. They find out quick that it doesn't happen that way then learn about this site, don't read up on anything before they get started then fire away with common every HOUR questions. I think some that are getting on here have spent a week or two thinking about doing it and jump right in blindfolded. They haven't spent any time to learn even the littlest things.

Last edited by ALC-GregH; 03-04-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
I'm for helping anyone out. When I got started and even before then, I never asked, "what mower should I get" or "how do I bid commercial properties" or "what is the best trimmer" or "how do I sharpen my blades" or maybe "how much would YOU charge on this property"? As if they already know what it should be when really they want to know just how bad they'll have to take it when they find out they're price is way off. I read countless threads to the tune of thousands to get to the ones with real meaning that are well written. I mean thousands. My membership date is fairly new but for 3+ years I read threads in here before I even signed up to be a member. There are so many threads like this one that it would take months to read them all yet instead of reading and learning from them, they just make a new thread so they can hopefully get a quick answer. I say go out and do the best you can, learn from YOUR mistakes and build your business off of your experience. Too many young guys (and older too) feel they can just jump right in and be like someone that's owned and operated a business for 20 years. They find out quick that it doesn't happen that way then learn about this site, don't read up on anything before they get started then fire away with common every HOUR questions. I think some that are getting on here have spent a week or two thinking about doing it and jump right in blindfolded. They haven't spent any time to learn even the littlest things.
I know where your coming from. I see alot of this on PS as well as some different industry forums. With so many guys being out of work......blah blah blah. I know it's difficult to keep ones cool at times, especially when there bottom line is being cut into time and time again by "low ballers", mostly newbies....we (the established & experienced guys) tend to focus our frustration and anger towards those newbies here on the forums as if their the actual guys under cutting us in the real world. Even more so when forum etiquette isn't acknowledged. However the thing that gets me is the way some of the more seasoned guys interact with the....less knowledgeable at times. It just goes back to the olé saying; If you don't have anything nice to say.....

Old 03-04-2010, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney3223 View Post
haha i'm glad you follow my posts...i thought i had free time on my hands, lol, and oh yeah thanks for the dr. phil moment, it was touching!
Name:  rolleyes.gif
Views: 39
Size:  1.0 KB Ah, you must be the forum clown of LS. I didn't know I was in the presence of such greatness. Name:  aWeAreNotWorthy.gif
Views: 39
Size:  1.8 KB
Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hahaha!!! if i'm the clown then your the joke!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney3223 View Post
hahaha!!! if i'm the clown then your the joke!
Don't you know it.