Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-03-2010, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Member

sorry but im not going to read everything. i read the first few posts but im going to post my thoughts and if it was covered already i apologize again! But #1 I have a few churches i do. I never got a call from any of the congregation. Now i refuse to do my own church because im very active in my church and very close to the head pastor and my church is my refuge. So if they dont pay on time or if my guys break something i dont want problems with the people that i goto when im in times of need. #2 i had a church that someone decided to do for free. It was a huge lot that i got 200 a week to cut an once a month another 200 for a lot they had in the back. Someone decided to do it for free and i took a 1000 a month loss. so that kind of sucked. BUT i do one of my pastors house for free because its part of my giving to my church besides my tithe. If your in this business to do favors go for it. Favors dont make money and usually arent good advertising anyway just somthing to think about.

www.Vogel-Landscaping.com
Old 03-03-2010, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I cut my own congregations lawn as well as our parsonage. I submit a bill at the end of the year, they pay me then I cut them a check for the full amount back. I get a nice tax deduction and they save in their budget. I also mow another church for full price, $300 per cut, and I get compliments for my work from both.

However, I've never got any referals from either in the last five years. I don't know if that helps but that's what I can pass along to you.
Posted via Mobile Device