Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-18-2010, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Member

What about a two stage conveying system? Wider slower conveyor dropping to slimmer faster conveyor. Or is it a friction issue on the sides? Dealt with this on some topsoil screening plants trying to screen compost. You may want to look at how some trommel screens are engineered.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Also, look at a conveyor belt that grabs the material with horizontal strips about a 1/2" to 1" tall. Great idea.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Member

wow nice work man thats sweet!!!!

it looks like a salt truck with out the flinger.....
Old 05-24-2010, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I'd add a blower attachment with 150 feet of 5" hose.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:54 AM
LawnSite Member

How soon will you put this on the Market? Pricing?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great video. Is the gate open all the way in the video?

What is the basic rate it puts material out at? Cubic yards/min?

We shovel 500+ cubic yards of organic matter out of the back of trucks each fall to topdress lawns. This set up would definitely pay for itself.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I can fill my Eco lawn unit which is 11 cf in about 30 - 40 seconds. There is an agitator in front of the door that holds material up a bit but it really breaks up the clots well. I might be willing to sell this set up towards the end of the year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-17-2010, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Member

We have been running the Compost Cart and Eco Lawn for the last few months and have been pleased with the speed we can do a yard. We have around 500 yd of material thru it so far and it is still going strong. I had to replace a few of the belts used to engage the drive. Not a big deal 18.00 and 20 min to change. We did a 22k foot yard the other day in 42 min. I think that is pretty good. I think that I could easliy do 60-80k a day with one guy if you dont have to drive far for material. I hope to spread 1k cy next year.

I am considering selling this unit at the end of the year and build version 2 with a few changes. This unit still has long life ahead of it. If it doesnt last 15 more years I would be dissappointed. If anyone is intrested let me know. I will take 10k for just the bin that you can mount on your own trailer or 13500.00 with the trailer that it is mounted on. If anyone is intrested let me know.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Vibrator

Here is a company that I have purchased from in the Past.

They are in the USA and make awesome vibrators. Mine has been runnining flawlessly for several years, In the salt and rain.

They make several sizes.

http://new.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=262711
Old 04-01-2012, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Since you sent me the link I'll bring your thread back to life. That's quite a setup you built. Do you have airbags to help keep your truck from sagging? I have PacBrake Airbags on my Ram 2500 & 3500 and love them. I hate bumper pull trailers for heavy loads since they just don't handle as well and weight distribution must be decent or they can start fishtailing.

If your trying to stay a one man show that loader is a back saver for sure. I'm lucky that I have some good workers to do the loading part and it cuts my reload time to about ten seconds. I thought about using a Dingo and other loading methods but ended up realizing with two wheel barrows I could beat all other methods hands down. I didn't think manpower would be able to keep up but it worked out just fine.

I look forward to seeing your next rig. I would go twin 10K or 12K on the axles with your next trailer. Disc brakes are the way to go. You will have to get a CDL when you go to twin 10K axles. Triple axle trailers are hell on tires. You could get a place like PJ to build you a 20' dump chassis minus the dump box. You'd have a solid foundation to build on but your going to need a dually.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/